cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS-620 on Vmware

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have ITS 620 that maintains connectivity between EP7 SP 13 and SAP.We have recently used vmware on our ITS box to free our existing hardware.This is not a prd environment.What are the changes bound to happen after this?

Is there any additional change to be made with respect to the ITS/Vmware settings to ensure that the current connectivity with SAP is maintained?

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vineeth,

since you are not using the ITS 6.20 in a VMware environment in productive mode I don't see any problem. Of course you need to configure the network parameters appropriately. Also you need enough memory to run the ITS.

What exactly is the question?

Regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

Our ITS box has already been converted to a vm .

What we were reassured is that the hostname,ip will all remain the same .

I was able to verify the SAP connectivity from portal too.But I have not made any additional change with respect to the ITS after this ,then how can I confirm the proper connectivity?

Also pls let me know what you meant by appropriate network parameters ?

Sorry if this sounds confusing , but am totally new to vm.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I know, when doing the installtion of SAP on Vmware. Just think for these points:

1. IIS should be there on the machine where you are insalling VMWare.

2. Make AGate and WGate on the single Vmvare console.

3. Please check that you are able to access the Web shared folder from other machine (That is required).

As there is not any standard guide for this. But maintain all the things as standard.

Best of luck and share ur experince here. !!!

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vineeth,

just look at the virtual machine as a standalone computer. You will need to provide a static IP address within your network and domain for this machine. Besides all that sophisticated stuff like firewall, routing, balancing and so on there should be nothing else to do. And this all is about configurating the network parameters of the machine. Handle the ITS as ever.

I was running my standalone ITS with an Apache web server without any special configuration. The OSs on that VM have been Windows 2000, Windows XP and Linux.

Best regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Please let us know how is ITS doing on vmware. We have decided to go same path. Are you getting frequent errors? is ITS able to run at all there? Are you using 64 bit?

-Rajnish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that your move was not correct as SAP doesnot support ITS on VMWare.

Please see this Note 325616 - ITS 6.20 System requirements

That means it you got into any errors, you will not get support.

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would better say: If you get into errors which only occurs within the VMware environment and not in the standard environment this bug will not be fixed.

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Klaus/Deepak,

Thank you for replying. Already referred this note.

ITS mentioned is not in the prd environment as the note refers to and we are not planning this in our PRD environment too.

Could you pls let me know if anything additional has to be done to maintain the existing connectivity with respect to ITS/Vmware configuration. Am totally new to vmware .

Rgds