cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCEPTION_INFO_CODE=12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we got MI 7.0 SP14 and have a synchronization problem on some clients.

In the tracefile you can find the following error:

D Start inbound processing at 20080624082040 (1214295640677)

D Initial buffer size of BinaryReader is 118

P Read current inbound counter from file: 334

E Received exception info code 12 and detailed message "Konvertierungsfehler auf der Middleware"

W Exception while reading prolog from inbound stream

com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncException: EXCEPTION_INFO_CODE=12

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.in.BinaryInboundReader.readProlog(BinaryInboundReader.java:268)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.in.BinaryInboundReader.(BinaryInboundReader.java:108)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerMerger.processInboundContainers(SyncManagerMerger.java:62)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSyncCycle(SyncManagerImpl.java:878)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.syncForUser(SyncManagerImpl.java:1320)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSynchronization(SyncManagerImpl.java:951)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:475)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:324)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManager.java:79)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run(Home.java:641)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

P original context restored

E Execption info code 12 --> Received undefinied error code.

D Synchronisation: Fire SyncEvent 1

what exactly does this error mean and how can I resolve it?

best regards

Niels Oberbäumer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Middleware is a non-unicode system.

regards

Niels Oberbäumer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the mobile client is unicode enabled and therefore has a bigger set of symbols it can capture from the users keyboard. The data is transfered to the middleware system which tries to interprete the info. If a certain character (e.g. the u20AC symbol) is not part of the codepage of the middleware you typically receive this error.

Compare: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1074330

As you are on SP14 you get the correct error message but as the codepage does not contain the symbol the conversion still goes wrong.

What you can do: Either use a unicode MW system or filter the unicode chars, that are not part of your MW codepage in the app and replace them accordingly (manually from e.g. u20AC --> EUR if the field is capable of carrying 2 more chars).

Hope this helps,

Tom

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the answers.

We solved the problem by implementing a charset conversion for all request parameters.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niels,

is your middleware machine Unicode or Non-Unicode?

Cheerz,

Tom