cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

When we implement the support packages in dev,QA or PRD do we need to see the users are logged off from SAP when implementing, is that compulsory.

After implementing the support package do we need to restart the system for the support package to be taken into effect.

When we implement support package in client 000 will it automatically take effect into other clients like 400,600,999 or we need to implement this support package individually in the each client.

Pl help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we implement the support packages in dev,QA or PRD do we need to see the users are logged off from SAP when implementing, is that compulsory.

-> Yes, no user should be logon during applying support package otherwise system produce dump.

After implementing the support package do we need to restart the system for the support package to be taken into effect.

-> no need to restart sap system, you should perform SGEN after applying support package.

When we implement support package in client 000 will it automatically take effect into other clients like 400,600,999 or we need to implement this support package individually in the each client.

-> you can only apply support package in client 000. since the objects in the support package are client independent.

for more information login with basis user into client 000 and execute SGEN then click on information about SAP load generator

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: Kaushal Malavia on Jun 24, 2008 3:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am trying to uncar the files but it isalways saying cammand not found

I do cd /usr/sap/trans

and SAPCAR.EXE -xvf u201Ctmp\*.?ARu201D or

CAR -xvf KH54012.SAR

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

login with sidadm user

change directory to /usr/sap/trans

then execute SAPCAR -xvf /<CD_DIR>/<PATH>/<ARCHIVE>.SAR

also check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/17/b0fe3954a97223e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: Kaushal Malavia on Jun 24, 2008 6:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, generally after applying the support pack do we need to do SPAU and SPDD and u said SGEN, if we rrun SGEN will it not efffect other objects.What option do i need to select in SGEN. Pleas ereply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

generally after applying the support pack do we need to do SPAU and SPDD

first of all read following so you get idea about SPAU and SPDD

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c8/61ec66e33611d1954b0000e82de14a/frameset.htm

also check Note 546801 - FAQs: Modification adjustment

if we rrun SGEN will it not efffect other objects.What option do i need to select in SGEN. Pleas ereply

-> SGEN generates the runtime of the programs so it's required after applying support package.

if you already perform SGEN in past then after applying support package you can select Regenerate Existing Loads

i was already suggest you to check : execute SGEN then click on information about SAP load generator

read the information.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should I lock all users in each client? or just 000's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No user activity needs to happen when applying Support Pack. So you need to lock all users in all the clients.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question, do I have to perform a full database backup only or do I have to backup other files or logs?