cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access deployed Java Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have deployed a Java Web Dynpro: Welcome.ear with SDM but when I try to reach it with:

[http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/resources/local/Welcome|http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/resources/local/Welcome]

I get this error:

Application cannot be started!

Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application local/Welcome cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource tc~wd~api with type application, which is not active on the server.
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processReferenceToApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:552)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processMakeReference(ReferenceResolver.java:393)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.beforeStartingApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:323)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.beginCommon(StartTransaction.java:161)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.begin(StartTransaction.java:130)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:290)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.java:303)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.java:112)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesAndWait(ParallelAdapter.java:214)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4601)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4508)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4481)
	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1163)
	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:291)
	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:183)
	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:119)
	at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)
	at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162)

I see that with the Visual Administrator in the Web Container section, there's a red cross beside the entry: local/Welcome.

Is this normal?

Kind regards,

Tanguy Mezzano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, I did install NWDS 7.0 and my deployment worked perfectly.

I'm sure that a support package for tcwdapi would have been possible to fix my problem but I did not find any information on that.

Greetings,

Tanguy Mezzano

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Visual Administrator, I see that my .ear has been deployed on each Java Stacks.

I go to Cluster->Deploy-> ... but here I see that my webdynpro is deployed in the wrong container, it's deployed in servlet_jsp container instead of webdynpro.

Do you have an idea where I could change this, if not I will have to backup to older version of NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As my java stacks or of version 640 and 700, it seams that the web dynpro hard reference to tcwdapi is due to the fact that my WDP application has been developed with NWDS version 7.1, so with an api of version 7.1.

When I try to start the application, I get the same error with Visual Administrator...

Do you know where I can find a simple Welcome/Hello World web dynpro .ear file that I can deploy on a WAS 640 or 700?

Or do I need to reinstall an older version of NWDS to build a compatible web dynpro application which will be started on our Java stack versions?

Thx for your input,

Tanguy Mezzano

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You should run compatible programs only,

I would suggest you to undeploy the current application and create new with a compatible NWDS.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The application has stopped on the server, so you will not be able to run it.

As a solution , you can go to visual admin and select the ear of the application and start it.

Hope this helps,

Sudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Refresh the Server and then Rebuild & deploy the application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanguy,

Your application is stopped at the server. There are two ways to access it:

1. Either you can retstart from the Visual Admin or undeploy the ear from the server and then again redeploy.

2. Or you can rename the project (in .project file) and deploy it.

Regards,

Deepak