cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting a WebService model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

The Webservice model I have used has changed, so I need to delete the model and create a new one so that the model recognizes the new methods/parameters in the webservice. I tried the following steps

1) Deleted the Model from the usedModels

2) Deleted the Model itself from within the Models folder

3) Added the changed model.

4) Bound the model to the component controller(using apply template on the Component controller).

5) Mapped the context of the component controller to the view controller.

For #3: The first error I found was that I could not use the same package name as with the prior model. It gave a package not empty error. The execute method from the prior model was not excepted since WD for some reason thinks that the method still exists.

For#4) The component controller still has the execute method from the deleted model and the new execute method is not showing up in the component controller public class.

Also there are a lot of errors specially pertaining to the IPrivate method of the component controller.

Is the sequence of steps to delete the model correct or am I missing something? I am using NWDS 2.0.9 build id 200411030238

Thanks,

Asheesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Asheeseh,

please read my WebLog on <a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2005/10/10/how-to-reimport-web-service-models-in-web-dynpro-for-java">How To Reimport Web Service Models in Web Dynpro for Java</a>.

Best regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bertram, Kwok Wei,

I tried both your approaches and they both worked. Thanks for helping out.

Bertram, I tried assigning you full points but the radio button with 10 points is disabled, I guess since I first allocated the full points to Kwok Wei.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asheesh,

I had the same problem before and was solved by going to the Web Dynpro Explorer -> src -> packages -> wsdls and delete off the property file that corresponds to the WS model that have been changed eg : mappings_1_10.properties.

To find out which is the right file, simply double click it and you should be able to tell which WS model the file represents.

After that, exit NWDS and re-start it again. Fellow experts kindly correct me if I'm wrong or if there is a better alternative. Thanks.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention..... after re-starting NWDS, import the web service again. That should do the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok its been a while since I last "re-imported" a Web Service... so to avoide confusion, heres the actualy proceure that I did.

1) **** Backup your project .... very important

2) Delete the webservice model from the model list in Web Dynpro Explorer.

3) WD Explorer -> src -> packages -> wsdls and delete the appropriate property file (pls see previous posting on how to determine while file to be deleted).

4) WD Explorer - src -> packages -> (drill down to where you stored your webservice model and delete it)

5) @ this stage, you will get alot of errors in the Task window. Termintae NWDS and re-start it again.

6) Import your new web service model (using the same name as before).

7) After importing, do a Repair -> Project Structure and Classpath followed by a Rebuild.

from

Kwok Wei