cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc segment version in idoc type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have just upgraded our R/3 system from 4.6c to SAP ECC 6.0. We then tried to send idocs to SAP XI 3.0 SP 20. However the idocs failed due to wrong segment version of idoc. It did not match the loaded metadata in XI. I know that in WE20 you can control the segment version used to send to XI. In the communication channel in XI you can also set the segment version.

So my question is: Is the correct way to handle sytems requiring diffenrent verions to import the newest metadat in idx2 and then control the versions asper the above paragraph?

Any comments are apreciated.

kr Rasmus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think u should reimport the idocs as well as update the metadata at idx2

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Re-load the Idoc Meta data and also Import those Idoc Definitions in IR

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your quick responses.

Just one more follow up:

importing in IR will not mess up mappings using the old metadata, hopefully?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your Old mapping what ever u have done will be remain as it is even though you have Imported the same Idoc again

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for sending IDocs to XI no adapter is necessary. It should be enough to reload the metadata in idx2:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Perhaps I should clarify. I have scenarios where XI is receiving idocs of various versions and scenarios where XI is sending idocs of various versins.

Basically the only thing I am concerned about is if I upload the newset metadata if I still can send idocs and receive idocs of various versions? OR how is the recommended procedure to control the versions?