cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions on the number of devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are looking for an implementation with MI 7.0 latest SP (13?) with MAM 3.0.

Our customer will have lots of end-users (about 3 500). They will each have a mobile device (laptop).

Are there limitations on the number of devices? I heard it was limited to 1 000. Is it right?

They will all work either online and offline. Are there any known issues?

Thanks,

Yann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann

There is no restriction on the number of devices and 1000 is not right. As long as all the devices do not synchronize simultaneously you can have higher number of devices as well. You can definitely work offline and online and as long as you apply all ABAP notes and Java Patches released for SPS13, there wouldnt be any problems.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. A colleague from the US told me he faced this limitation.

So I would like to have an anwser from SAP experts to ensure we can have 3 or 4 thousands devices attached to a single MI server. How can I have this information confirmed by SAP?

Regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As i said if all the devices do not synchronize simultaneously then there would be no issues. If they synchronize simultaeously you might only face performance problems w.r.t synchronization time. The new release of Mobile i.e. 7.1 (which is currently in rampup) caters to even higher number devices that synchronize simultaneously than what 7.0 can handle at the moment. Having said this 7.0 still would suffice your need.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok then.

I will go ahead with 7.0 anyway and our thousands of devices.

Thanks for your help.