cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two or three XI systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is the advantage of having a QA XI system?

Up to now I have only worked with landscapes consisting of two XI systems (for connecting external partners via adapters), that means a testing system and the productive system. For me it was quite perfect: one system to develop and test, and one system just for the productive processes. There was some "overhead" for dealing with transport issues, GO-Live procedures and so on, however.

I cannot really imagine the advantage of another XI system. For me one more XI system (QA) means a lot more overhead for organizing the system, backups, SLD config, transport issues, connecting the QA system to other (backend) systems and so on.

Feedback welcome.

Cheers,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at this thread:

Regards

Patrick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though there is is overhead, but think on a real scenario.

A simple error/bug can cost a client millions of bucks.

Better to test will all possible ways and deliver with best quality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Generaly XI development box can be used as Testing system also.

But the testing feasibilites would be limited due to the development of various objects.

QA system is maintained to deal with some sort of real data and predict the results based on rigourous testing before moving it to Prod..

In Development box you can't afford to maintain the huge amount of data load on the Database server as well as max load on Application server.

QA is used to be the mirror image of Production Box where you could have proper testing based on real time scenarios.

Thus its preferrable and recommeded to go for Development Box -->QA ---> Prod.

You can maintain the common SLD for DEV & QA box but need to have seperate testing box.

Thanks

swarup