Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How maintaing organisation level in mass?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Does someone know if it is possible to maintain in mass a value stored in the organization level (i.e company code, distribution channel) for several roles used in PFCG?

In my case I have to update around 1000 roles for several object:

- distribution channel

- company code

Is there a standard transaction allowing me to do it?

Is there a BAPI available?

Kind regards

Chris

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to security forum...

Tip: Search this forum for various threads mentioning report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE, etc.

0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your quick answer but it does not seem that this report allow me to do what i would like to do?

In my case I want to add a new distribution channel VTWEG in my existing roles. Currently the following values maintained are C1-C2-C3-C4 and i would like to add C5.

Is it the right report based on my explanation? VTWEG is not in the hit list? VTWEG is stored under another name?

Kind regards

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Open a role which has this field with the C1 to C4 values in it. Open the menu Go to => Organizational Levels....

Is it there?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

That is what i want to do but it has to be done role by role. I have 1000 roles to update. My question was can we do the same change in mass thanks to:

- a standard report

- a bapi

- or do I have to create a specific report

Kind regards

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

unfortunately there is no mass-update function available, as pfcg never was designed for mass-maintenance (and also for background processing)....

Maybe it is easier and less time consuming, if you create a seperate role containing simply the missing authorization and assign that role to the required users (su10)?

Pls refer also to https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=13252834&messageID=5440623

where a similar problem (not regarding org-levels) has been handled....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

I am not aware of anything standard for the mass update of roles, but that does not mean that there isn't such a thing and certainly that it cannot be done.

Perhaps the closest thing is reports PFCG_MASS_DOWNLOAD and PFCG_MASS_IMPORT, but handle with care that you don't damage your existing roles.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It is possible to create a custom prog to perform these updates for you, problem is that it will take longer for the developer to write & test than it will do for you to update 1000 roles by hand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

I've done this quite successfully on a few ocassions using LSMW.

Words of caution though - the roles that you are changing have to be identical with the exception of the org level values per LSMW recording. i.e. they should all be derived from the same parent role.

You can make changes to the current values already present.

You can enter more fields should you have to enter more than 1 value etc.

The reason i say that your roles have to be identical is because the LSMW recording is selecting a position on the screen and will select the same position each time.

So if your one role is an SD role with distribution channels in the org level and it happens to be position 5 in the list, the LSMW will change the values in position 5 for all of the roles in your upload file. So the risk is that you could mess up your org levels if you include roles that are not all derived from the same parent role.

So you would need to record an LSMW per role grouping.

Be sure to test your recording with one role before changing all to see that it's doing what you need it to do.

Good luck!

Lucille