cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print on zebra printer from smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a label in smartform, but I'm not getting output(print) on zebra printer.

What procedure do I need to follow for zebra printer settings in order to get print from smartform.

Please advise on this issue ASAP.

We are using S600 model and our SAP version is 4.7 enterprise edition.

Thanks,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

I am suppose to study a solution for barcode/RFID and come up with some suggestions. I have studies the OSS notes with SAP and going through the forum.

My mail id is : sb_venky@yahoo.com

Number : 503-851-0024, Incase you have probelms calling me you can leave your number and I can call you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Are you still having problems?

If let me know how to contact you and I will call you. I am an Integration Architect for Zebra Technologies and know the SmartForms solution and AII.

Regards,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I am currently working on printing to Zebra Printer from a Smartform label and could not get to work despite trying out S_LZPL_SETUP parameter set to ^FWR in the smartform command node.

Basically I have the doubt if the Zebra printer is setup successfully into the SAP System as prints fired from SAP dont work at all.

I would appreciate your help for clue on (1)zebra printer setup for SAP and (ii) printing label in landscape format.

thanks in advance,

Sreedharan Gopalan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedharan,

Please let me know your contact details, and I will get one of my application engineers work with you on this.

my work email address is arogerson@zebra.com

Regards,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John Fini/Andy,

Thanks for your timely response.

My contact number is +61408846037. I am working on a contract workplace in Sydney,NSW,Australia so I take the liberty of passing my personal email address which is guppeey@gmail.com. Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Meanwhile there is a bit of a development at my end. Zebra printer is now able to print from Windows. For my test prints, I made Zebra printer as my default printer for my WindowsXP workstation and tried printing from SAP with LOCL as the printer. This has resulted in Zebra printer responding to my print command from SAP. However still the issues are:

a)SAP Variables arenot printed from Smartform(only the texts and textlabels are printed)

b)I need to print the label landscape. This is not acheived yet. (Despite setting S_LZPL_SETUP parameter to '^FWR' in Smartform Command node.

c)Ideally i would like to be able to print from Zebra within SAP and not from Windows. Because for each printjob in and out of SAP or other nonSAP applications I need to change the default printer. Failing to do this would result for e.g, Word documents print to Zebra printer..!

Again thanks for your response, I await your feedback to my email or mobile number.

Regards,

Sreedharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have read your post. Do you have access to the OSS, because there are some topics about printing in ZPL out of SAP.

It is possible to setup the zebra printer in SAP transaction SPAD. This works well and you have it as a SAP printer.

Then you can use either SAPScript, Smartforms or a ordinary report (which I prefer, because then you can control all of the ZPL commands and the printer will be feed by a datastream).

If you need further help, reply to that post

Best regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate any update to this subject.

I am trying to setup Zebra Printer on a Linux server running ECC6. I can print a label file .prn using lp -d zebra /SAP/sampleHITEL.prn. I setup a Zebra barcode label printer using spad, defined it as a LB_ZEB type device with access method L. Output status shows complete but no output or log on the Zebra print server. What have I missed? I can print using SWin and G access type to Windoe frontend printer. THANKS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

R u still with Zebra. Can you provide me your contact details. I have an issue with Zebra label printing.

thanks!!

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Here goes my issue..I have developed a Smartform for label printing in ECC 5.0.

I don't have any barcode. I just have the data in an internal table and need to print it.

I am able to print in on normal printers. Now I need to print it on Zebra Printers

My Zebra Printer is Zebra170xiII.

What are the steps I need to follow. Can any one explain me in detail.

Thanks for your help in advance..

waiting for u r replies.

with regards,

chaithanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

I am trying to built in RFID number via smartforms, could you also advise how to setup the ZPL command in smartforms? I tried S_LZPL_SETUP parameter and set value as ^RFW,A,0,10,3^FD01234567890123456789^FS'. But the printer shows RFID print error.

Could you help?

I also posted a thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, this works like every other printing issue. You need a basis administrator for setting up the appropriate printer driver on your system.

But if you want to print labels AND write data on rfid tags, you have to use the built in functionality of AII. AII doesn't produce an output like SmartForms. It just sends a (unformatted) data packet via TCP/IP to the printer.

I hope this helps a little bit!

Greetings,

Johannes