cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isuue regarding Fork step in bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a scenario, collecting different idoc types into a flat file using BPM.

In the fork step while doing BPM , I am getting an error while adding more than two branches.

The error is "Maximum limited value is 2".

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to change that default value, But i am getting this error while i change the value.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm... Dont change the value then. Just insert steps in the 2 default branches. You will notice 3rd branch coming automatically.

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sailatha,

This is a common problem.

Just drag the step which u want to place in the fork step onto the fork step. Move the step (transformation step lets say) on the fork till u get a third branch. Automatically the third branch gets created and the properties also get updated.

Reward points if this helps.

-Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just change the default value, and then save it and then try to add multiple steps....else it will still consider default value only.

Thanks

swarup

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sailatha,

A fork step is used for parallel processing of a(single) message in N number of branches. For example, if you design a fork with 4 branches, each branch receives a msg and then the steps in each branch is carried out.

Follow the below procedure:

The fork by default comes with two branches when you first place it into your process. You need to insert another branch before it allows you to increase the max and so on.

In ur case plz try to change the Default Value 2 which is in properties window to the no. of branches u desire.

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Fork step in BPM the default branching is possible is of 2. Thus if you are trying to create new branch you will get this kind of error.

But you can change this default values and increase the Branching in the Properties of the step.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select the fork step in the right hand corner you could see the properties window. There change the number fo branches to the value you want. By default it is 2.