Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk - Solution Database

vsat
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a doubt that, In SAP SolMan's Service Desk scenario we use solution database for the solution search. Do we need a seperate server for this or we can create one more instance on the same server for this facility?

2. Do we need a seperate licence for CA's Wily Introscope or it is built-in with SolMan 4.0?

Please give me some idea or way to go ahead.

Warm Regards,

Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

CRM 5.0( Solman 4.0) onwards there should be a seprate server for Trex..... Once this is installed , only then u need to integrate it with Solman..

Hope you got what you were looking out for !!

Inspire by Rewarding...

Regards,

Anand...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Any guide for implementation? Do you have any doc any link?

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

The Solution Database is a repository of information which is stored as problems and solutions, and is indexed for immediate retrieval. For the applications that use the Solution Database as a knowledge base, see Integration below.

Knowledge administrators use the Solution Database to define problems and solutions using, for example, free-text descriptions in several languages and customized attributes. They can structure multiple relationships between problems and solutions, and navigate easily between them.

The Solution Database offers a basic interface for knowledge administrators (but also agents, field engineers, and other users) to search for problems and solutions. The Solution Database is used as a knowledge base in the following applications:

· Knowledge search of Interaction Center (IC) WebClient and IC WinClient

· Standalone knowledge search (transaction CRMM_SEARCH)

· Solution search and frequently asked questions (FAQs) of Internet Customer Self-Service

You need separate license for CA's Wily introscope and it is not inbulit in Solman.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you need anything specific and please assign points.

Rgds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it require seperate TREX server? Any doc would be appreciated?

Regards,

Nikhil