cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication channel error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please let me know what to do in this regard of error.

Attempt to process file failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection refused (errno:239)

It is a receiver File Adapter

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please check once again,

you can able to ping the FTP server from

command prompt.

other wise,please check with coresponding person.

warm regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you all said, first am not able to ping the server itself. Should i further check for the authorizations or is it enough as am not able to ping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm. not necessary... may be server has ping command disabled....

i you are using windows... goto command prompt (start menu --> run --> cmd .. press enter key)

there issue command as:

ftp <your server ip>

now see if an ftp connection is being established with the system... if it is ,, it would ask for user name and password...

do post back

good luck

Regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the username and password given by you may be wrong (or) the server you are trying to connect would'nt have get connected. So please check them,.........

Reward points if the answer was helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To ping he server, you don't need any User ID and Password if its FTP Host.

Please can you check with the Host details and the Port used for it. Or try to connect to the FTP server with Anonymous Login feature.

I hope the Host FTP server is properly configured and its working.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upto my knowledge I think username and password are required for a FTP server connection, as we are connecting to a remote server without proper authorization we can't login and perform the tasks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The User ID and Password are required for any kind of Data transition only.

You don't need the user ID and Password to ping the FTP server. If the user is not able to ping then there is later to check for any authorizations. First need to chech with connectivity details.

Thanks

swarup

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

This is absolutely based on service unavailable error. Better try your XI physical box to connect the FTP. If its not possible contact your network team, they want to allow this FTP IP to firewall.

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This error seems FTP Connection error, Check ur FTP Server its properly working or not and check the server name parameters in the adapter.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand Krishna,

If the connection setting in Receiver Communication Channel to FTP are fine then there shouldn't be any problem.

Plz double check you connection parameters and authorization details to FTP.

As our friend told plz try to connect the FTP:// server from your browser.

Best Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Possible Reasons

Either another application or another running instance is using the GUI connection port.

Solution

If another running instance is using the port , use this instance or stop it.

Try to stop and activate the File Adapter. Even in RWB you can stop the Communication channel and refresh it. This will solve the problem

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u provide us with J2ee error log and complete error details from communication channel monitoring..

moreover which FTP server are u using... is it native ftp service of unix or some other ftp server... seems like error on ftp server side,, may be not enough authorization to connect to ftp server,,, but would love to see the j2ee error log to be more sure about it...

regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

according to your problem there is no connection or some network problem as your FTP could be not be reached by sap .

surely there is a connection problem for FTP.

as the connection is established your problem will be resolved.

regard's

Chetan