cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Logon Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Can we build something when the user logon for the first time, the user must accept some agreement before he/she can logon and the user that have accept the agreement is capture in a database?

Thanks

Regards,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure the self-registration option for guest users and companies.

I followed all steps and checked all options that I want in User Admin UI UME configuration.

I'm getting this exception when I click on Register Now... link:

"An exception occurred. Inform your system administrator.

Suggested Options

userAdminLocale.get("EXCEPTION_DETAILED_STEPS") "

Does anyone knows which parameter or configuration is wrong?

Tks

Edited by: Ricardo Guedes on Jul 23, 2008 5:25 PM

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

Its possible to implement such logic in the portal logon par.

You just download the logon par file from the portal and import the file into

NWDS.

The logon parfile have the many jsp files in it.

You can modify the umLogonPage.jsp

Ram

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have been through exactly the same scenario, all you have to do is to create a custom logon page.

Now when a person logons to the url my homepage shows a small User Acceptace window after entering the the Userid & Password.

All you have to do is to create a custom application and in that custom applition refer a ztable in the backend when the person logs on to system his details are captured on the ztable.

Cheers!!

SJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SJ,

How do you build your customize logon page and what tools do you use?

Thanks

Regards,

Bryan

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee you need to first create a sample logon page in html whatever is desired, once it is done then you have to fit that layout to the Portal using the folllowing step.

Make sure that your logon page upon giving userid and password give a pop up asking for the User Acceptance and that updates a ztable in your database.

Below are the steps to customise the portal login page:

Step I:

1. Copy PAR u201Ccom.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.baku201D to local directory

2. Rename the PAR file.

3. Import the renamed PAR file into NWDS.

4. Add the jar file into directory dist\PORTAL-INF\Private\lib by unzipping the contents of the PAR file.

5. Make necessary modifications to the file u201CumLogonPage.JSPu201D, u201CumLogonBotArea.txtu201D.

6. Save the file. Rebuild Project.

7. Export the PAR file with the changed name.

Step II: Modification of Authschemes.xml to reference the new PAR file containing the modified logon UIs

[Ensure that all dispatcher and server nodes in the cluster are shut down.]

1. Start the Config Tool by executing <SAPJ2EEEngine_installation>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat.

2.Choose the symbol for Switch to configuration editor mode.

3.In the tree, navigate to cluster_data -> server -> persistent -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service.

4. To switch to edit mode, choose(Switch between view and edit mode).

5. In the tree, select authschemes.xml and choose (Show the details of the selected node).

6.Choose Download and save the file to a local directory.

7.Edit the file locally.

8.Create a new node in the configuration tree for the edited file as follows:

a. Select the node com.sap.security.core.ume.service.

b. Choose the symbol for Create a node below the selected node ( )

c. Select the type File-entry.

d. Choose Upload and select the file from your local directory.

e.Enter the name for the entry, for example, authschemes_productive.xml. By default, the name of the uploaded file is used.

f.Choose Create.

g. Choose Close window.

The new node appears in the configuration tree.

For UME to use the new file, you have to change the value of the property login.authschemes.definition.file to the name of the new authschemes file. [Change the property as described in Editing UME Properties.]

9. Restart the nodes in the cluster for the changes to take effect.

Step III: Editing UME Properties

[Ensure All cluster elements are shut down.]

1.Start the Config Tool by executing <SAPJ2EEEngine_installation>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat.

2.Choose the symbol for Switch to configuration editor mode.

3. In the tree, navigate to cluster_data->server ->cfg ->services

4.To switch to edit mode, choose (Switch between view and edit mode).

5.In the tree, double-click on Propertysheet com.sap.security.core.ume.service.

6. Click on the property you want to change.

To enter a custom value, enter it in Custom and choose Apply custom.

To reset a value to its default, choose Restore default.

7. To save the changed properties, choose OK in the property sheet view.

8. Restart the nodes in the cluster for the changes to take effect.

Cheers!!

SJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP provides feature of adding privacy statement in the self registration page. The user who is registering for the first time, has to accept the privacy statement before registering him to the portal. The statement is provided as a link to a file in KM or any repository and the user has to set the indicator before registering to the portal.

See the details below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/0761cea5c610b3e10000000a11466f/content.htm

But if the privacy statement has to come in the logon page, logon page has to be customized.

Disclaimer statement has been used in the logon page - in the below blog. I think you will find it useful

Regards,

Ganesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

Can you give me a smaple code that i need to include in the umlLogonPage.JSP to update the ztable in the database?

Thanks

Regards,

Bryan

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi as i have told you earlier you need to right the code on your own, i helped u in uderstainding it and confirming yes it could be done.

I dont hvae the code myself but similar samples had be developed at some known place, i will try to get thed same if possible and post you. but mean time without wasting any time you go ahead. i will also try my best to publish this code to all if possible,.

Cheers!!

SJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Since you required user to accept policy only on first logon, it is better to modify changePasswordPage.jsp. This page will be executed to change password, at first time and also if password expired.

In this page already contain inputbox, submit button. You can include terms & condition, also add check box to accept the policy.

Then write a javascript function to check status of checkbox , which should return boolean value. Call the this function on submit event.

<form .. action=".."  onSubmiit="return acceptpolicy()"> 

The form action will be executed only if user accept the password policy. I think this will complete your requirement.

If you requirement is to store information in database, then it require server side actions.

Regards

Baby

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have this feature for SLD login.We can pass message.

(Portal-URL)/sld/admin/profile.jsp.

login to sld and then administration profile.

We can set this type of message to the user who logged in to SLD.

I think we can implement the same for normal login also.

Thanks,

gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LEE,

This could be done through the Anonymous user. Initially it will ask for registration and terms and conditions by this you can go with the process.

Regards,

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kishore,

Do this mean that the user need to register his/her own id?

Thanks

Regards,

Bryan