cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchaser completion workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

We have the requirement that the user selects the custom check box in the shopping cart to send the cart to the purchaser. After purchaser completes the cart it should go to the requestor. Once requestor accepts the changes the N-Level approval workflow should trigger.

We could not find a way to call the custom field in the Purchaser completion workflow (WS14000044).So we have created a custom business object called ZBUS2121 so that the custom field (check box) can be called in the container of the object in start conditions of the workflow (WS14000044).Then defined the start conditions such that when the check box is checked the completion workflow gets triggered.

But the workflow is not triggering and getting the error message "Approval worklflow is ambiguous. Inform system admin".

It seems the start conditions of purchaser completion and N-level Badi are clashing.

Did anyone developed such custom logic in the purchaser completion workflow?

Can anyone tell me how to define start conditions in Purchaser completion workflow and N-Level BADI ?

Thanks in advance

Jagadish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

This should work. Using sub oject and delegation to define start condition works fine.

Did you set a delegation from the object BUS2121 to ZBUS2121 so parent object can see child attributes ?

Start condition must be defined with parent object BUS2121.

But that should work.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pierre

Can you please explain how to set the delegation?

Is there any additional condition we need to maintain in the start conditions to trigger the main approval workflow (N-level Badi) after the purchaser completes and user accepts the changes?

I just maintained that, if the check box is activated then trigger the completion workflow.

At the same time activated the N-level approval BADI.

But I am getting the error"Workflow is Ambiguous. Inform system admin .....".

Thanks

Jagadish

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Trx SWO6 to delegate. The error message arises when there are atleast 2 similar WF's which satisfies the start condition exist. Please make sure that there are no WF's without start condition for BO BUS2121.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. Now I am able to see the custom field after the delegation.

I activated both workflows WS14000044 and WS14000133(N-step BADI) and defined the start conditions as below for the BOR BUS2121 and Event is "SAVED".

WS14000044 --- EC Requirement coverage request.Invite Buyer& = X (When Invite Buyer field is checked)

WS14000133 --- EC Requirement coverage request.TotalValue& > 0.00 (When cart value > 0).

But still I am getting the error "Approval Workflow is Ambiguous. Inform System admin" when the "Invite Buyer" check box is checked in the cart.

If I do not check the "Invite Buyer" field then it works fine an picks the approver in the preview.

Can you please tell me if my start condition are correct? If not please suggest what changes to be made.

Thanks again

Jagadish

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to combine these together:

WS14000044 --- EC Requirement coverage request.Invite Buyer& = X and request.TotalValue& > 0.00

WS14000133 --- EC Requirement coverage request.Invite Buyer& = ' ' and request.TotalValue& > 0.00

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imtiyaz,

In that case how would the N Step BADI would trigger after the purchaser completes the shopping cart and requestor accepts the changes?

With this condition I guess it will never go to the next approval (WS14000133) because Invite Buyer field will be "X" even after the requestor accepts and save the shopping cart.

Thanks

Jagadish

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's the tricky part. Once the Requester accepts the changes, the flag has to be anyhow cleared. Either within the purchaser completion WF or from the SC screen.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can the flag be cleared automatically when the Purchaser completes or the requestor accepts the changes?

If not manually clear the field by the purchaser or Requestor.

One more thing..... I was testing with the workflow condition and it works fine. Work item created in the purchaser's inbox. After the purchaser changes and save the shopping cart the shopping cart is not going to the requestor. Work item is not creating for the requestor to accept the changes.

I found the error "Result of agent resolution does not agree with agents of Task". This means the responsible agents are not being determined for the task TS14007938.

What could be the reason?

Thanks

Jagadish

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Verify if the possible agents are maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imtiaz

Thanks for your continuous support. Appreciate your help.

I did maintain "General Task" for TS14007938. Then the cart gets into requestor's inbox.

Now the problem is the requestor is not able to edit the cart. When click on the description nothing opens up.

The description of the cart in the requestor inbox says "Your shopping cart was processed by the buyer. please check it"

I have some other carts that were rejected by the approver.Those carts I am able to edit them. Their descriptions shows "Your SC was rejected by approver. Pleas edit it"

Is this because the description says "....Please check it" that I am not able to edit the cart? It si strange.

Also I observed "No administrator found for the task" in the WF log. Wher should I define the administrator for the task?

Thanks

Jagadish

Edited by: Jagdish Reddy on Jun 24, 2008 11:14 PM

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do the buffer refresh. Plus make sure the WF's for Puchaser completion and the n-level BADI has the possible agents specified as Gen.Task. Once you have done any Org changes or agent assignement changes run the Trx SWU_OBUF.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imtiaz

That helped. After running the txn now able to open the cart details.

But I do not see the "Accept changes" button, only "Save" button is available.

Is this the standard behaviour? I think "Accept changes" button will also be available so that the requestor can accept the changes without changing the cart.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I clicked the change button and saved the cart and it did not go to the approval workflow. Because the Buyer check box was still active and the start conditions did not satisfied. So I unchecked the box while saving the shopping cart (at the time of accepting the buyer changs) and it triggered the next approval workflow. That is fine.

Appreciate your help. You are terriffic:) Full points awarded.

Thanks a lot again..

Jagadish

Answers (0)