cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gecoding (PTV eServer) connectivity with SCM and TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to install a PTV eServer to work with my TM system. The PTV eServer installation guide says that I should establish an RFC connection with my SCM system. Does that mean that I need to do this from my SCM system, or can I connect directly from my TM system (which has SCM Basis 5.1)?

I have read all of the PTV and geocoding-related notes, as well as the eSever and TM isntallation/master guides, but this is still unclear to me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we're just using it to convert map locations to geographic coordinates, not for distance calculation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have since learned that it should be possible to connect to PTV eServer directly from the TM system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got the answer. It is from TM server to the PTV server. BTW..what is the benefit of going through this pain of having PTV server? It will only give you a straight line. You should look at PC Miler or Ran McNally geocoding to integrate with TM to achieve what you trying to do. It is a waste of time and effort to go through PTV pain and get straight line on distance..... No good use on PTV Geocoding ....just a thought.