cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account assignment category Y in SRM - Profit center field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM_SERV 550, SP07and SAP R/3 4.7 .

We are trying to configure account assignment category Y in SRM.

We already have this in R/3. The mandatory fields are GL account and profit center.

I tried configuring this account assignment category in SRM. I could not find the Profit Center field as one of the account assignment fields. Only the fields listed below are shown for selection.

How can I include profit center field as one of the account assignment fields?

Regards,

Srivatsan

List which is currently shown to me in SRM while configuring a new acct assignment category

ACC_STR Generic account assignment

ACTIVITY Network activity

ASSET_NO Main asset number

CMMT_ITEM Commitment item

COST_CTR Cost center

COST_OBJ Cost object

FUNC_AREA Functional area

FUND Fund

FUNDS_CTR Funds center

GRANT_NBR Grant

NETWORK Network

ORDER_NO Order

SCHED_LINE Sales document schedule line

SDOC_ITEM Sales document item

SD_DOC Sales document

SUB_NUMBER Asset subnumber

WBS_ELEM_E WBS element

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

WE have similar requirement to post to Profitability segment. How can we achieve this in SRM.

Thanks

SAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. The modification is basically config.

Just go to table BBP_C_ACC_F and add a field called PROFIT_CTR.

It might tell you this is a SAP table, do not change, but it is OK, note 672960 says it is OK.

Then go to table BBP_C_ACCFD and enter the text you want to see for field PROFIT_CTR in all your log on languages.

Then go to the standard config transaction and create a new account assignment category for profit centre and map it to your backend category.

The field you entered in BBP_C_ACC_F will be available and it will all work as standard.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to add the entries to tables BBP_C_ACC_F and BBP_C_ACCFD .

I created a new acct assignment category with PROFIT_CTR as the leading acount assignment field, I also added this to the user.

When I try to create the cart and choose the acct assignment which I created, the cost assignment tab doesnt display the profit center field. I only get a hard error for missing GL account.

Is there any other configuration/template activation etc which need to be done before I can start viewing the field on the SRM screen?

Also, Is this a standard field as far as SRM is concerned. Or should I add this to the include for custom fields - INCL_EEW_PD_ACC_CSF

Regards,

Srivatsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the G/L account for product category and account assignment category via SPRO.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. We got the field straight away.

However, we did it on SRM 4.

After we did it SAP released note 672960 for SRM 5 which does tell you to put it in that other table, so I would try putting it there too.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guruswamy,

How did you address this? We have added the profit centre field but this is not displayed in Shopping Cart when replicated from PR.

Any clue...

Warm Regards,

Ashwin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can this this through Including custom fields, this requires development.( To transfer the data to backend system). This is not standard configuration.

Through standard configuration you can use only SAP provided fields.

Hope this way you can resolve the problem.

Regards,

Sreedhar Vetcha