cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing of Message ID in Integration process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario where my a file is picked from FTP server and passed to Integration process. Here if there is any failure in IP then i am throwing alert. Here i am preparing dynamic text in alert message. But my problem here is i am not able to catpture Message ID whereas i am able to capture all standard variables like SenderParty and etc.

Please help me in this regard,

Thanks,

Vijay Kumar T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Create a container variable and use container operation with assign. Select a source message and select ID.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have selected source message and variable Message ID only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented the same. I have used container variables and used it in the Title of my AlertMessage.Store the Message Id after the receive step of BPM. Pass this value to the Function that triggers the Alert from Transformation step. We have a RFC SCREATE_ALERT that is used to set container values.

With Dynamic Text, i feel it always gives the processId.You can have MessageId in Alert Long text.Store the MessageID in a container element of BPM and use it in the control step message text : &message_id&. Dont forget to check the Dynamic Text in the properties of ur AlertCategory.

Hope this gives u an idea.

Ref this link for the possible container variables

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

SXMS_MSG_GUID - SXMSMGUIDC - Message ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing exactly what you had mentioned, i have used a container variable to capture message ID and i have used standard variable to capture that but even then i am not getting that message id in my alert message.

I am getting all other variables like sender party and sender service but not message id. I am getting the alert mesasge with sender party and etc varaibles but not Message ID.

So, please provide your inputs.

Thansks,

Vijay Kumar T,

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will not get the message ID for the transaction which is under error as per my experience. If you get error while sending a mapped message, you would only be able to get the message id of the receiing transaction. This is because, the sender step never got completed and there was no message ID created yet in the system.

VJ