cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad performance with imports!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

We have problems with the performance of importing transport requests into our PROD-system. Importing a structure for example, needs up to ten minutes. The transport directory is NOT on the same host like the PROD-system. It's located where the DEV-System (the domain controller) is. The guys from the network team say, that they can't see any peaks on the connection.

Any ideas what the problem could be which causing this bad performance?

Thanks for your help and merry Xmas!

Gerhard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Why you don't take a quick look into the TP system log and figure out in what transport phase the overall time problem is being faced, then we can try to dive deeper into the main cause of the issue.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Federico G. Babelis

NetWeaver Certified Consultant

http://www.gazum.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a good example...

For me, it looks like the whole import process takes a very long time, BUT the main duration is taken in the version management (step V in TP system log = 13 min.)

Here's what the TP system log says:

Import Step Duration (min.)

H 1,5

A 2,0

I 4,0

< 0,5

V 13,0

G 5,0

Kind regards,

Gerhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once I also had problems with a very bad performacne during import. After implementing the newest kernel patch (including R3trans and tp) the problems were vanished...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerhard:

If you look in SM37 for the jobs related with the import; for how long they were running ? maybe you have a general performance problem, what is the overall performance of your system ?

Regards,

Federico