Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Team Role in Production (both ECC and BI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What access do the BI support team require in prod ECC and BI? I need to create their roles but I have limited knowledge as to what they need. Would really appreciate your inputs so at least they can't sell me something that they shouldn't have access to. Like do they need access to tcodes BWST, RSA5, RSA6, RSA7, BU01, BU07, KEB1, KEB3 and KEB4 in ECC prod? Do they need debugging access in both environments?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

jabella
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you say BI support Team are you talking about functional support team, security support team or basis support team?

For functional users one transaction that will appear for sure is RSA1, but that should be really defined by the functional team according to the functions they are planning to activate. I suggest you contact them.

For security team, the basic trx needed will be SU01, PFCG, RSECADMIN, SUIM, SE16 (only for some tables), ST01.

For basis support the list is really big, and I suggest you contact the basis team and discuss with them which are the ones needed.

For ECC is not so easy to determine which ones, for it will depend the modules used and the functionality of ECC that will be used.

Regards, Jose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

I wouldnt give DEBUG access to anybody in Production. Even for support groups either BASIS or Security, give restricted-display only access. For Functional team, just display SPRO access is good enough.

Thanks

Sundaram