cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Emails/SCOT in HA Cluster/PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts:

I am hoping for some guidance on this and would really appreciate your prompt replies with this.

I have already successfully configured SAP to send emails from our DEV and QAS systems. There is no scope for recieving emails in our SAP systems.

I just have some doubts on how to properly do this in our HA PRD environment.

I have all the relevant information regarding our SMTP server and SMTP port. I know that the information is correct because it has been working in our DEV and QAS systems.

I had our MS Exchange Admin add the IP addresses to the Exchange server so SAP could use to send emails. She added both the virtual IP and the physical IP for our CI instance only.

I have already activated the SAPConnect in SICF.

I have also updated the following information in SCOT

Default Domain

SAPConnect - INT - SMTP

Selected Node in Use

Mail Host

Mail Port

In the past this has worked for us when sending emails from SAP.

I have already looked at notes 455140 and 607108. I have also checked the following link. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/a8b538891b11d2a25a00a0c943858e/frameset.htm

The only thing I am not sure about is the following line:

"You have to adjust the profile of the SAP Web Application Server if you want to use the SMTP function. The SAPconnect send job can only be scheduled for servers on which SMTP has been activated. For this reason, you must activate SMTP for all of the SAP systemu2019s application servers."

I am also desribing the error message I get when I try to send a message through tranascation SO01.

In transaction SOST, I get an error with the code 802.

No delivery to email address, as recipient unknown

Message no. XS802

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Imran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, after going through this exercise I have figured out that the following works.

The IP addresses of all the physical servers (cluster plus app servers) need to be added to the Exchange Server list. This will allow SAP to send emails using SCOT and MS Exchange Server.

OR

The IP addresses of only the two servers (cluster) has to be added. the job has to be defined in such a way that it has to use one of these two servers to send the emails out.