cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically valuemap the lookup fields on loading manual import??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could I know How to automatically value map the source fields to lookup table fields during MANUAL import using import manager.I know we can acheive this using MDIS auto value map to "yes".Let me know how could we achieve the same during manual import???

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

If You have (say) Countries as your look up table. while importing the data, you have country codes in your source file and country names on your destination side. In these cases "automap" will not work. For this, solution is to set all the country codes as remote keys for all the respective country records in your countries table and in the import manager->Configuration Options, set automatic value mapping as "Yes".

If you do this, then everytime you import the data having country codes in your source file, automatically values will be mapped for countries field.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for your reply.i am not seeing any remote keys in my lookup table.Are Remote keys existing in lookup table too??

Former Member
0 Kudos

>For this, solution is to set all the country codes as remote keys for all the respective country records in your countries table

Is it possible to do this on a lookup table where I do not have a remote key???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Once you make "Key mapping" as Yes for your countries table, reimport the contents in the countries table. Remember to clone the field Country key (or whatever you have in your source file for countries column) by right cklicking on the field "country key" and clone field (Not in the sorce fields pane, but the list of fields above the source fields pane) and map it to remote key field on destination side of import manager.

It is still possible if you do naot have remote keys for your table. But in that case, you need to have same values on both sides (Source and destination). Say if you have country codes in your source file, then you must have only country codes as your Display field in your countries table. in this scenario, say, for india, value in your source file will be "IN" and your destination side value will be "IN". Them "Automap" would work. In short auto mapping looks for exact values on both sides.

Hope this helps you in resolving your problem.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Remote key will only exist in the Lookup Table if you have the Key Mapping = "Yes" , this can be checked in Console at the table level.

In Console at the table level if you see the Table Details, under that there is a field Key Mapping, the value of this field decides whether you will be able to see the Remote key or not.

Hope this would help!!!!!!

Regards,

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made the key mapping to 'yes'.Let me try for the automap and see if it works.