cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA APIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am new to WDA development. Where do we use the various APIs provided by WDA like runtime apis and context apis among others. I have gone through the help.sap.com links. If someone could provide a brief explanation of where to use them, that will be very helpful.

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Friends,

>

> I am new to WDA development. Where do we use the various APIs provided by WDA like runtime apis and context apis among others. I have gone through the help.sap.com links. If someone could provide a brief explanation of where to use them, that will be very helpful.

>

> Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

>

> Thanks.

If you have ready the online help, then you already have an excellent listing of the APIs. As to where they are used - well all throughout the coding of Web Dynpro applications. I'm not sure what kind of answer you are really looking for. The APIs provide access to navigation, context, layout - just about every access of Web Dynpro Components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have couple more questions:

1. How to call component controller from other components of WDA.

2. I have 2 WDA components. How to call one WDA component from another WDA component.

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this link for step by step [tutorial|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/abap?rid=/webcontent/uuid/367b73e5-0901-0010-daa3-9de4771fc985] [original link is broken];

Regards

Naresh