cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure a regional DMS Cache server?

former_member265942
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are running SAP R3 Enterprise (6.20 Basis) on Oracle/Unix. We also have a Kpro Content Server and Cache server running on a Windows server running SAPDB. This is all located in the U.S.

We also have a Kpro Content Server running in France - also running on a Windws / SAPDB environment.

Users in all locations can access images stored in either content server depending on the repository the image is stored in.

We have a site in the U.K. that is complaining of response time issues when accessing images from the Content Server in the U.S. and they want to test the possibility of accessing the images from a Cache server in France to see if it improves the situation. They would probably prefer a local Cache Server in the U.K.; however, management would like to see if a regional server will serve the need.

I have reviewed the documentation for configuration of the DMS Content and Cache server. It looks straightforward if I had a cache server in each location; however, I don't. Would I use the MultiLevel Cache configuration for this so that I can direct the U.K. users through a Cache server in France, or is there a different way to do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member265942
Discoverer
0 Kudos

No replies from other users were ever received.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we are looking for same solution. if you can share the doc with me.

former_member265942
Discoverer
0 Kudos

FYI - the multilayer cache option was the way to go.