cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Webservice using HTTPS in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have generated webservice in XI using http , and i have tested using infopath soap client, its working fine. I have generated webservice in XI using htpps using the same scenario, when i am testing using infopath as soap client and tested, its giving error, request is not hitting the XI system at all. do i need to configure any certificate in infopath or in XI server, please can anyone advice. i have configured HPPTS without client authentication in SOAP adapter.

Thanks,

Dhanush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am not able to get exact answer after reading the sap.help.com, sap notes.

My scenario is RFC < ---> SOAP ( webservice) , i have generated webservice with the HTTPS and secured port of XI, When i copy and past in IE browser, its showing status is OK, but request is not hitting the XI system. what are things to be taken care at soap client and XI server side, do i need to install any certificats at client side or server side. please advice me.

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,.

port number should be configured in XI for HTTPS communication.

Check tcode SICF to see ports of the XI server (HTTP, HTTPs, etc.)

Thansk

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Port numbers are configured correctly, i have verified.

Thanks.

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to upload the security certificate in XI. Whenever any external system wants to post some data to XI pipeline, it should authenticate itself by certificate and proper id and pswd.

e.g I worked on J2SE engines, we needed to upload the security certificates to XI to enable J2SE engines to post data to XI pipelines.

Kulwinder

Reward if Helpful.