cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling a Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

What is the best way to scheduling a job ?

I have 4 jobs to be scheduled. The second job would needs to be started once the first/previous job gets completed.

Thank you

Regards

Sameep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must create 4 jobs. If you create 4 steps, the treatment will continue instead waiting the end of job.

You create job1, job2, job3 and job4. And you specify in job4 to be executed after job3 and job3 after job2 and job2 after job1. After you schedule job1.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I created 4 jobs. I scheduled job 1. While scheduling job 2 I selected the tab

after Job and in the name i selected job 1. But once the job 1 got completed, job 2

never ran. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you

Sameep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check if it has been scheduled correcty using SM36? Go to the job details of the first job and see if the Successor job has been set up correctly and so on for the other jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can even schedule the jobs using process chains if u r in SCM 4.0 or higher

Former Member
0 Kudos

I scheduled my first job to start immediately. I scheduled my second job to start after job 1 (I did not click on Start Status-Dependent) by clicking tab After Job and saved it.

When I checked in SM37 first job was running but second job was not scheduled at all.

Also we are on SCM 5.0. How to use process chain ?

Thank you

Regards

Sameep

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Document on process chain helps but does not solve my first question.

I scheduled my first job to start immediately. I scheduled my second job to start after job 1 (I did not click on Start Status-Dependent) by clicking tab After Job and saved it.

When I checked in SM37 first job was running but second job was not scheduled at all.

Is it something that I am doing wrong ?

Thank you.

Regards

Sameep

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u check status of the 2nd job scheduled or released?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u still face the issue then try this..

make sure that your 2nd job is triggered after 1st job and let it be in released status. Then release your 1st job say for every 10 min and when u save this..it will by default be in the released status. please make sure these settings and try it. hope it works

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why not create all the steps from job1 and 2 in one single job?

also try using events to be triggered after job1 and trigger job2 with the same event