Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GI to scrap in wm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

help me out in this scenario(WM-QM)

i made GR with PO and the stock are show at 902 stor type. and i did usage decision QA11 for the inspection lot which the system has generated(material master settings), here ie in Usage decion i specified some stocks as scrap and the remaining as unrestricted.

when i see the stock for the material in LS26 system is showing a positive qty of Q stock in 902 and a negative Q stock at 999 (for the stock which i issued to scrap) and system also created a posting change notice (for the stock which i made as unrestricted).

Here my dought is how can i balance the stock fig in 902 and 999

pls help me out with this issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

thanks for your valuable replies

the issue is resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything especially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagi Balaji,

The system is perfectly working in the same way in which it should be. go ahead and create and confirm the transfer order for that posting change notice for scrapping.

When you scrap the material during inspection, it will go to the difference storage type (stype 999) and later you will write off this with LI21 transaction which is clearing stock at IM level. Once you clear with LI21 it will go away from your system at IM level and as well as from 999 storage type.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arif Mansuri

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arif,

I do not know the quality modul, but basic SAP process should work in the same way with QM as without it, normally.

So, though I respect your higher knowledge that is apparent before everyone I have to tell you that I have doubts about what you said about this process.

If someone does scrapping in SAP from QI stock via MB1A+553, a negative quant will appear in 999 SCRAP.

You can set SAP to create transfer requirement as a consequence of IM booking but certainly not posting change notice since the state of the stock remains the same. This is a goods issue!

By processing the TR from LB10 we can post the quant from a bin (in Nagi's example from 902) to 999 SCRAP and the result (-quant + +quant) will be zero.

So, there was an IM booking (mvt 553) and there was a WM booking (TO from 902 to 999 SCRAP by WM-mvt 553).

You wrote that an additional step LI21 is necessary to clear the differences from 999. But there will be no stock in 999 after having processed the TR or after having created a TO manually (in LT01 / LT10) - based on the settings. (Or we can set SAP to create TO immediately; in this case the +quant will go directly after IM booking to 999 SCRAP and the result in 999 SCRAP will be 0)

So, at this very moment it seems to me incorrect what was written by you.

I'd like to ask you to please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks & Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba Szommer,

I accept my mistake for additional step LI21, in this case LI21 is not required becuase when you do usage decision it will create material document that means it will post at IM level first so it is not required to clear it off again with LI21.

Secondly, you are right when you scrap material using MB1A/553 at that time it will Transfer Requirment or Posting change notice based on your system settings. In above case, they have setup the system to create Posting change so it will create posting change.

Again, regret for additional step.

Regards,

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I have one issue with transfer posting

Can tell me that can we add freight cost ( transpotation cost on material )

During transfer posting from one Storage location to other storage location

how can we do it what setting we need to do it ?

please sugget me any possible solution because it very urgent issue for client.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

For Differences the qty does not exist in storage bin but is recorded in the books, in that time use Mvt. Type - 711. In this case,difference are cleared from warehouse and posted to interim storage type for difference.

For Differences the qty does exist in storage bin but is not recorded in the books, in that time use Mvt. Type - 712. In this case,difference are cleared from the interim storage type for difference and posted to warehouse.

From sas...