cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup the TDMS landscape

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to setup the TDMS landsape. I have installed the TDMS (DMIS, DMIS_CNT, DMIS_EXT with latest patch levels) software on the sender, receiever and central system. I need to know the follow up steps from the technical standpoint, like its mentioned that we need to create RFCs and some users but its not very clear in the guides. Can somebody give me the steps so that the basic landscape is ready and then we can start transferring the data based on our requirements.

Thanks in advance!

Aseem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure whether you have followed the recommendations mentioned in note 890797 and installed the necessary notes as per note 1003051. You need to create RFC users to communicate among the systems. When you create a Project ->Sub project -> Package and define and synchronize the RFC destinations all the required RFC connections will be established. It is not necessary to create the RFC destinations before starting the package.

Regards,

Srila.

0 Kudos

Hi Srila,

Thanks for the information. I have followed the recommendations as per the mentioned notes for the sender, receiver and central systems. I am not creating RFCs for the time being as they will be created during the project definition. Do i need to create any users in these sytems? If yes, then what kind of roles have to be given to them. I am asking as its mentioned in the guide to create some some communication users and others. OR does the project definition takes care of these users also?

Thanks in advance,

Aseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aseem,

Before starting a package you need to create Communication type users to be given during the execution of the first activity . For which please refer to note 889988. If required you can raise an OSS message to get the required information.

Regards,

Srila.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please refer to master guide for RFC connection.

it just requires a RFC connection between sender and reciver system. you can create it from SM59.

Also refer to note number 890797.

Thanks

Mona