cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management Reports - The Pie Chart on the Informer Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We have Compliance Calibrator setup and running, spitting out user level and role level analyses. However, the pie chart on the main informer screen doesn't show any data. Typically, it would show us data from from a report run on a date, and we can look at various past reports and even do comparisons.

I have scheduled a background user analysis that runs daily. What else do I need to do so that the main pie chart will show, and allow us to drill down through it?

Thanks,

Santosh Krishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add more......

Hope you must have completed the following steps already. But still I would like to mention them here.

1.Run full user/role/profile Synchronization

2.Run Full Batch Risk * Analysis* with Management Report option selected.

Also check in Informer Tab->Risk Analysis->User Level

-Select the System from the system list.

-click on Possible entry of user text field (second text field)

-One small window appears. Click on search. If you are getting users in the window, then your synchroninzation is successful.

You do these steps and let me know if you have any other problem so that we can solve it.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 1.Run full user/role/profile Synchronization

> 2.Run Full Batch Risk * Analysis* with Management Report option selected.

>

> Also check in Informer Tab->Risk Analysis->User Level

>

> -Select the System from the system list.

> -click on Possible entry of user text field (second text field)

> -One small window appears. Click on search. If you are getting users in the window, then your synchroninzation is successful.

>

> Regards,

> Faisal

Hello,

We too are in the process up upgrading CC to 5.2 and are having issues getting the charts/graphs to populate. We have successfully syncronized our data and verified this via the steps listed above. The User/Role/Profile Syncronization, Batch Risk Analyis, and Management Reports all ran and completed successfully. However, we are still receiving the "Graphics Rendering Problem." error.

We believe we have the IGS configured with the help of note 704604 "Business graphics, GeoMaps are not displayed in WD Java."

Does anyone have any suggestions or info regarding why we are still experiencing a graphics rendering problem?

Thanks!!

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jes,

please post the following information:

- URL to your Netweaver installation

- the exact value of the IgsURL Parameter

Thanks,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

The graphs are now working. The port number in the IGS url was incorrect. Thanks though!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The basic question was answered. However there is an issue with carrying through the proposed solution.

Note - all our other reports run properly, in the background and the foreground.

When we go to create a background job and click on the check box for the management report, regardless of selecting Permission level or action level report, the report runs for a very long time (days).

We have taken a look at the system performance and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it (though I'm having this confirmed). Why would that management report run for such a long time when other reports seem to run for a reasonable amount of time?

Thanks,

Santosh Krishnan

Edited by: Santosh Krishnan on Jun 30, 2008 6:54 AM

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh-

You can view the log to see what exactly is going on. The management reports population does take some time, but it should not take that long. Are you talking about batch analysis?...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look on this thread, Amol Bharti had suggested the steps. That's pretty much what we were doing anyway, and that ended up in a background job that kept running, didn't fail, error out or otherwise indicate a performance spike beyond what we normally would have seen on another report.

Presently, we have tried restarting the java stack, gone through the memory config steps from the installation guide and even restarted the box on which we have the tool installed.

We have then run other reports successfully, but this report with the management view still runs for days on end, and also ends up backing up the queue so that other pending jobs don't kick off until we cancel this job.

Edited by: Santosh Krishnan on Jun 30, 2008 7:30 AM

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you already implement SAP Note: 1034117?...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Have you checked the log file. Is it struck somewhere? if so can you tell me where it is exactly stopped.

If you see lof ot objects and going on. Then probably becos of size. But as suggested, please check the note and try again.

Thanks

Prem

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible for you to paste your log here?

Also, please check at DB level what is the status of Archive Log. If it is ON, I suggest you to switch it OFF.

Hope this would solve your problem!

Regards,

FAisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the log:

[removed - killed my browser....]

Edited by: Frank Koehntopp on Sep 3, 2008 5:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Where would I go to check this?

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

I think you need to perform User/Role/Profile Synchronization and Batch Risk Analysis in Full Sync mode. And everybody also suggested the same.

Here are the detailed steps.

Do the following:

1) Go to Configuration Tab

2) Drill Down Background Job menu and go to Schedule Analysis

3) Now select Full Sync from Sync Mode dropdown

4) check all choice buttons for

User Synchronization,

Role Synchronization

Profile Synchronization

and select all systems by putting * in all systems valuehelps.

5) Under Batch Risk Analysis select Full Sync from Batch Mode dropdown

6) Select a Global Rule Set (your custom rule set)

7) perform both Action level Analysis and Permission level Analysis so select both the checkboxes.

😎 Select check box for User Analysis and put * in Systems, User, User Group valuehelps

9) Select check box for Role Analysis and put * in Systems, Role valuehelps

10) Select check box for Profile Analysis and put * in Systems, Profile valuehelps

11) Select check box for Critical Action and Role/Profile Analysis

12) Select checkbox for Management Reports

and click on Schedule button.

Tip: To speedup the process you can select your considered system. Also check if other graphs are working fine to confirm any IGS issue.

I hope this helps,

Amol Bharti

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh-

In your Schedule Analysis screen, check the Management Reports box at the bottom of the page, when doing your user/role/profile analysis. That will create your pie charts.

If for some reason you still do not see any pie charts after the job is complete, then you have the check your IGS configuration...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you scheduled the Management Report?

Configuration > Background Jobs > Schedule Analysis

If I'm not mistaken that should be schedule to run after the Batch Risk Analysis jobs have run.

Regards