cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3 Unicode error when transferring SRM PO with custom fields to R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an SRM 5.0 system. We are sending an SRM created PO to R3 (4.7). This works perfectly if there are no custom fields. We added 1 custom field of 1 character byte to the SRM PO Header. When this is done there is a dump in R3 in SAPLBBP_BAPI_PO in "MAPPING_CUSTOMER_FIELDS" saying Data objects in a Unicode program are not convertible.

This happens at the following statements

ASSIGN wa_bapi_cf_header TO <l_tmp_fs>.

l_valuepart = <l_tmp_fs>.

We think this is related to our custom fields on EKKO on the R3 side where there is a currency field (packed), but we are not sure since we just started working with SRM. Below is our R3 PO header structure for custom fields.

wa_bapi_cf_header has the definition of PO header in our R3 system that contains a packed field.

.INCLUDE CI_EKKODB 0

ZZCMPCD ZCMPCD CHAR 1

ZZTDRIND ZTDRIND CHAR 1

ZZACO ZACO CHAR 1

ZZBIDROOM ZBIDROOM CHAR 1

ZZCAS ZCAS CHAR 1

ZZPONEG ZPONEG CHAR 1

ZZWARRPO ZZWARRPO CHAR 1

ZZQUOTETYPE ZZQUOTETYPE CHAR 10

ZZAPRDT ZZAPRDT DATS 8

ZZAPRTIM ZZAPRTIM TIMS 6

ZZMASSIST ZZMASSIST CURR 17

ZZPD ZZPD CHAR 1

ZZREASON ZZREASON CHAR 2

The field being sent from SRM is

ZZACO ZACO CHAR 1.

How can I correct this problem?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Ada Thompson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See these related threads;

/message/1069612#1069612 [original link is broken]

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I saw 1 solution by changing R3 EKKO structure. This is not practical for us. Any other ideas?

How do you award points?

ashwin_mundkur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Can you kindly check the following thread which I posted today to another similar question...

About rewarding points, against each users reply, below username you have different options. Select the appropriate one based on the solution provided.

thanks,

Ashwin

Do reward points for useful suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. We applied OSS note 944534 which simply prevents standard SAP from transferring custom fields if any field is packed. This will allow SRM POs with custom fields defined to load into R3, but no custom field data loads in R3.

Does anyone have experience doing this? We need to map data for custom fields that are character and some that are packed and load them into R3. The data is not packed in SRM. So it comes into R3, but I do not know where or how to do the mapping in R3 so that it is saved correctly to the PO.

Does anyone have sample code where they have done this?

Again, thanks!!