cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARTITION FIELD \VALUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I want to use the tab named "partition field\value" in the import manager."Can anyone give me an example or write down the step to require to do the partition or combination.

Whenever I am going to this tab I can't see any field . Available field and partion by FIELDS all are blank.

THANKS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pappu

MDMu2019s partitioning mechanism allows you to combine two or more fields into field combinations and underlying values into a corresponding set of value combinations. Sometimes it may not be possible to directly map individual source fields to individual destination fields because there may not be a direct one-to-one relationship between individual source and destination fields. Instead, the appropriate field mapping relationship may exist between the combinations of two or more source fields. In these cases, fields must be combined to allow the mapping of field combinations rather than individual fields.

Suppose in the Source file there are two fields FName (First Name), LName (Last Name) and in Destination side these two fieldsu2019 needs to be mapped with a single field Name. In this case combine option under partitioning can be used.

Steps for Partitioning:

1.Select the source file in Import Manager

2.Go to Partition Field/Value Tab

3.Select FName and add LName from Available fields to Partition By.

4.Select FName and LName and click Combine there will be a combine field created in Partition By side.

5.Separator between two fields can be se by right click on the combined field and go to set combine delimiter.

6.Go to Map Fields/Values Tab and Map the FName (Partition) to the target Name field.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e122d4-40ab-2a10-4a82-fe7db431...

Reward if Helpful.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pappu

MDMu2019s partitioning mechanism allows you to combine two or more fields into field combinations and underlying values into a corresponding set of value combinations. Sometimes it may not be possible to directly map individual source fields to individual destination fields because there may not be a direct one-to-one relationship between individual source and destination fields. Instead, the appropriate field mapping relationship may exist between the combinations of two or more source fields. In these cases, fields must be combined to allow the mapping of field combinations rather than individual fields.

Suppose in the Source file there are two fields FName (First Name), LName (Last Name) and in Destination side these two fieldsu2019 needs to be mapped with a single field Name. In this case combine option under partitioning can be used.

Steps for Partitioning:

1.Select the source file in Import Manager

2.Go to Partition Field/Value Tab

3.Select FName and add LName from Available fields to Partition By.

4.Select FName and LName and click Combine there will be a combine field created in Partition By side.

5.Separator between two fields can be se by right click on the combined field and go to set combine delimiter.

6.Go to Map Fields/Values Tab and Map the FName (Partition) to the target Name field.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e122d4-40ab-2a10-4a82-fe7db431...

Reward if Helpful.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever I am going to this tab I can't see any field . Available field and partion by FIELDS all are blank.

In Import manger, During Partition Field/Value tab the field for Partition by come automatically when you select any field from Source Hierarchy on selecting this a field in disabled mode enlightened under Partation by: this field become your Parent field. and the rest of Hierarchy you could chose from Available Fields:

Example: you have source file having three fields:

Parent Child Subchild

CPU KEYBOARD MOUSE

and you want hierachy of type

MOUSE under KEYBoard and both under CPU

So in Partition Field/Value tab, In Source Hierarchy select field Parent on selecting this which become Available in Partation by: in disabled mode then Select Child from Available Fields: and lastly select Subchild

In Map Field/Values tab a new field with named Parent(Partition) get created, map this field and Hierachy structure Values with corresponding Destination Field and Values

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Useful......

Mandeep Saini