cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration : Livecache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We are going to do livecache migration from 64 bit [platform to 32 bit platform. and our SAP version is APO 3.1 and Livecache is 7.4.2.30( used for Planning area). What are the steps is involved in the migration for the Livecache. If it is success what are the steps there are to check the data and if it fails what are the steps there to revert back to the old one. what is the time calculation we can take for the migration and down time time required and time rate for the data transfer. i need clarification both in techinical and functional way.

please help.

Regards

bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia

It is great helpful document for to refer. really thank u. i have read all the details in the doc and the note it is useful. But if there is any failure in the post migration and the team to revert back to the old server itself is it possible to revert back to the old. if it is possible the SNP orders and the updated datas after post migration ( we will be come to know about the failure after few order booklngs) and orders missing andf how to retrieve and update it. is there any idea to go back to square one without any loss of data. could u help me

regards

bala

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

I recommend you the following steps :

-> Create the complete liveCache backup & APO database backup before to start the migration procedure.

-> Run the migration steps using the recommended document & note from the above reply.

-> If there are any problems => you could create the SAP message and get the support from SAP via OSS, you are SAP customer.

-> And you could restore your system, if you failed with the migration steps, using the SAP notes::

457425 Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/restore

210564 Copying a complete APO system

< using the complete liveCache backup & APO database backup created before migration >

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

"We are going to do livecache migration from 64 bit [platform to 32 bit platform. and our SAP version is APO 3.1 and Livecache is 7.4.2.30( used for Planning area)."

-> Please follow the SAP notes::

541644 Backing up the data from the liveCache for APO 3.X

210564 Copying a complete APO system

-> Please see the document at service.sap.com/scm -> Technology

-> Information on SCM 4.1 and prior releases

Information on SCM 4.1 and prior releases you will find here.

<Click on 'here' >

-> Installation, Upgrade, Migration, System Copy, Client Dependencies

-> See the section "SAP liveCache Migration Windows Server <--> UNIX" for the document & notes.

-> Please pay attention that, we no longer support 32-bit platforms for the liveCache server as of SCM 4.1,

SAP note :: 622709 Using the liveCache on 32-bit operating systems

=> Why you are going to do the liveCache migration from 64 bit to 32bit server?

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the mail.

But actually there is no option we cant upgrade to the newer level . we want to do as i mentioned asap. so pls help. the note referred is 457425 which explains only how to take a backup but not if it fails how to restore to the previous stage.

regards

bala

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check note 886103 - System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM and the section "APO Heterogeneous System Copy:" how to backup your livecache content to the APO database and restore it to a new server.

The problem you will face is that livecache 7.4 is no more available for your target platform since it´s out of support. Do you have an extended maintenance contract?

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check note 57425 - Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/restore

how to do it technically.

For your release: APO 3.1 + livecache 7.4 is out of maintenance since end of 2006. I highly suggest upgrading to a higher release.

Markus