Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the mean of using Portal with Role Based security as entry point

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts we have requirement of integration of Portal and MDM

I am completely new to the MDM. So please give me some idea , what is the meanin for following points.

1) Using the Portal with Role Based security as entry point for capacity and Routing Maintaince(These two are some modules).

2) Additionally , Portal should have capability to enter in to the MDM for future master data maintence. Feeds of data will need to be come from SAP 4.6c

Please give me the clarity of what is the meanin of second point

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It requires the entire land scape like EP server and MDM server both should be configured in SLD.

Your requirement is maintaing and updating the MDM data with Enterprise portal.We have some Business Packages to install in Portal inorder to access the functionality of MDM.

Portal gives you a secure role based functionality of MDM through Single sign on (login into the portal access any application) to their end users.

Please go through this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/45/c8cd92dc7f4ebbe10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

You need to develope some custom applications which should be integrated into the portal to access MDM Server master data

The estimation involves as per your requirement clearly

Its depends upon the Landscape settings, Requirement complexity,Identify how many number of custom applications need to be developed

Regards

Kalyan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand is data will come on Portal from SAP R/3. So you will be having custom applications probably displaying SAP data on Portal. Then you need to push this data into MDM using a custom application developed using ABAP API or JAVA API. Using this application you can maintain data in MDM.

For more info on custom MDM Application search this forum for MDM Java API2 threads.

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish Bharti,

Thanks for the quick reply,

As i am new to the Portal with MDM integration. I am completely confused with this requirement.

I need to give the estimation for this part. Can u please tell me how i need to approach for this estimation like.

What are the components involved interms of.

Development

Integration

Configuration

Pelase guid me to get some idea

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

It is a huge question to be asked about the estimation. There are so many factors in this and you understand those as well.

If you can m ail me your requirements in a little detail that would be good. I will respond in time to come for sure based on that.

Regards,

Dev.