cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add additional runtime system config in NWDI track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SDN Felllows.

Currently, our NWDI track, say ABC_Dev is configured with the following runtime systems:

Development, Consolidation, Test, Production.

From the CMS -->Landscape Configurator --> Runtime Systems, there are only 4 runtime systems can be configured.

My question is:

I need to add a Pre-Production runtime system between Test and Production.

Is this achievable?

If not, is that any workaround we can implement?

Thanks for advise.

Kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have 3 options.

1. Repoint prodiction to preproduction and manually deploys the SCA's into your real production system.

2. Use CTS+ and so avoid having to mess around with tracks altogether. This is still fairly new. See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/47/1929d2b81d4ef9e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

3. Configure production in a follow on track. This is also in teh saphelp somewhere, I just cannot see it at the moment. Basically you create a new production track with no developed components, just your SCA archives. You specify no CBS or DTR and you only define production as a delivery system at the test stage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham,

All 3 options are good.

I will evaluate these 3 options and pick one that best suit our situation.

Thanks for help,

Kent

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 3. Configure production in a follow on track. This is also in teh saphelp somewhere, I just cannot see it at the moment. Basically you create a new production track with no developed components, just your SCA archives. You specify no CBS or DTR and you only define production as a delivery system at the test stage.

Here is a blog that shows you how to setup a production track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Thanks for info, I am reviewing the solution listed in the blog.

Will get back to you.

Thanks,

Kent

Answers (0)