cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring iWay Siebel Sender/Receiver adapter in SAP XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am evaluating iWay Siebel Adapter for connection between Siebel system and SAP system. I am using both the sender and receiver iWay adapter for both inbound and outbound scenario.

In both the case the transport protocol used is HTTP. I searched a lot but could not find a document which explains the different parameter in the Communication channel for both sender and receiver adapter.

Please let me know if you have some document regarding the same. Also in my present scenario I don't have access to Siebel system so I am using a HTTP client to simulate a Siebel system.

I want to know what should I use in the Listener port in the Sender CC and how to send message using this port from a Local HTTP Client.

Regards,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Check this link on the service marketplace for more information on available 3rd Party Adapters for XI:

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700008673832004E/index.htm

http://eai.ittoolbox.com/groups/vendor-selection/eai-select/adapters-to-integrate-sap-xi-and-siebel-...

Please see the below threads

In this thread I have given the connection parameters to connect Siebel using HTTP reciever adapter...

Siebel - http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/05/419_siebel/index.html

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/15/push-data-to-mvc-architectured-application-using-xi

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

See the below links

/thread/93179 [original link is broken]

/people/yomeshp.sharma/blog/2006/06/01/integrating-jdedwards-system-with-xi-using-iway-adapter-part--i

part -II /people/yomeshp.sharma/blog/2006/06/01/integrating-jdedwards-system-with-xi-using-iway-adapter-part--ii

part -III /people/yomeshp.sharma/blog/2006/05/31/integrating-jdedwards-system-with-xi-using-iway-adapter-part--iii

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e2aeb02c-0601-0010-d680-c9be61ff...

/thread/96443 [original link is broken]

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/03/18/points-to-ponder-over-while-considering-webservices-implementations-vis-a-vis-eai

Regards,

Vinod.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for your reply reg Sender iWay Adapter. I need some help reg the Receiver iWay Siebel Adapter aswell. Can you please help me with the following parameters in the receiver CC configuration.

SWE URL

SWE External Source

SWE External Command

User

Password

In the present scenario I don't have access to Siebel system yet. Can we simulate the receiver adapter with the help of a HTTP Listener program?

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

'You need not to use Siebel Sender iway adapter in that case.'

Can you please tell me in which scenario we have to use the iWay Siebel Sender Adapter? Because from you answer it seems we never use iWay Siebel Sender Adapter if the transport protocol is HTTP.

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the three transport protocols in Siebel iway adapter ie File,HTTP,MQ.

Siebel iWay sender adapter is used in File and MQ transport protocols case

Siebel Workflow should be designed in such a way that the data should go to either the file system of XI or particular Queue.Siebel adapter picks the data from that place and give it to the Integration Engine.But the directly goes to Integration Engine if the transport protocol is HTTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for you reply. I am fully aware that we don't need sender CC for HTTP and IDoc adapter.

But here i am simulating iWay Siebel Adapter and i need to send the message via the Sender Adapter using HTTP Transport protocol just like SOAP adapter.Can you please help me with this. I don't have access to Siebel system so i need to use HTTP Client or something to simulate the Sender system..

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But here i am simulating iWay Siebel Adapter

You cannot simulate the sender HTTP adapter as i explained below already.

You have to create a workflow related to HTTP ie HTTP workflow in siebel system which can trigger the data directly throgh the workflow to Integration Engine.You need not to use Siebel Sender iway adapter in that case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I have followed the steps as you have described. I have created a new Port 8002 of type HTTP in ICM and its active also. I have used this port in the Sender CC configuration. Now when i send the request from the HTTP Client using this port 8002 the message directly goes to the integration engine without using the sender adapter although i have specified the sender agreement in the scenario.

Can you please help me as to why its not using the Sender CC.

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now when i send the request from the HTTP Client using this port 8002 the message directly goes to the integration engine without using the sender adapter although i have specified the sender agreement in the scenario.

Yes...because you are passing the information directly to the Integration Engine....Both Sender IDOC and HTTP adapters sit at ABAP stack...So you need not to create sender agreement or sender communication channel.

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

At first try to activate ur service by following the below procedure & then try to use this in CC configuration for sender iWay Adapter then it will work:

Goto transaction SMICM and menu path GOTO -> SERVICES again menu path GOTO -> SERVICE -> DEFINE

The "Define New Service Path" dialog box displayed

1. Type a free port number like 8000 or 8080 in NEW SERVICE PORT

2. Type HTTP in Protocol

3. Click on "Create Service"

You should see serive created and should be ACTIVE

if it is not active try the same with different port number

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me21sp2/helpdata/en/25/7e153a1a5b4c2de10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the links but it would be great if you can be specific to my question.

I am using the sender iWay adapter using HTTP Transport protocol.

The HTTP port defiend in SMICM is 8001. Do we have to use this port in the CC configuration for sender iWay Adapter.

Will it use the sender agreement or the message will be directly posted to XI pipeline if i use the HTTP port of the ABAP stack.

At present the HTTP port defiend in SMICM is not working for me and the messsge goes directly to the XI pipeline without using the Communication Channel.

Instead of siebel sytem i am using HTTP Client to send the data as siebel system is not available now.

Regards,

Nilesh