Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building the JAVA application for accessing the RFC/BAPI in SAP

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have kind of the requirement. The clinet is asking for connecting the SAP RFC using java application. The application which we build using java , eithir of the archieve, .jar or .war or .Ear the developed application compatible for running on any of the Applications server like they have Tom cat, weblogic, websphere server when u deploy.

so the .jar for or .ear file which we are going to develop should be able to run accessing the RFC/ BAPIs from any of these servers other than SAP WAS that is what their target.

Please give me your suggestion how to move forward for achieve this multi platform support, which is better approach. currently their SAP system is 4.6c . So presently it is not possible the webservice approach. But they have plans to go for upgrade to ECC6.0

In that case only JCO option is possible. If use this option . Is it possible to access application which is deployed irrespective of the WAS by doing the required configuration.

Please suggest me what is the better way to achieve this.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use JCO (java) to connect to R/3 system, even from web server like Tomcat or JBOSS.

JCO jar file is OS dependant. Please make sure you download the correct jar file.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YOu can use JCO or JNDI to connect to SAP R3.

The following link contains the JCO help.

http://www.persistent.co.in/resource_center/white_papers/Java_SAP_Integration.pdf

For JNDI :

It the posting is helpful,please do reward with points.

Thanks

Ritushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried JCo?

You can get it downloaded from marketplace and it contains some sample codes too,,,

Regards

Ayyapparaj