cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regardin File format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

If I want to exchange data as a Excel file format instead of notepad from sender to reciever. Then how can we configure it.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to write a java module on sender side to parse the excel and extract the data from it.

Kulwinder

Reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, In the Receiver side can v write directly into an excel file ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case you have to write an Adapter module that will read excel file and convert it into XML so that it can be processed by the IE.

You have to use Java API's for reading and writing Excel file. It is also possibie if you can do java Mapping.

thanks

farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog helps you..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/10/xi-generating-excel-files-without-the-java-nor-the-conversion-agent-not-possible

Thanks,

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a small doubt. Correct me if I am wrong.

We can just write the File Name as "filename.xls" so that it will be written to an excel file.

Thanks in advance.

Neena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want just to pass the data without mapping:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Otherwise please have a look here:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

pls do chk this link it will be helpfull

/people/subramanian.venkateswaran2/blog/2006/10/02/enhanced-file-upload--uploading-and-processing-excel-sheets

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/af/cc634114b78047e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanx

Sampath