cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entered value is not in the list of Enumeration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed an Application where are two Valuehelps as EVS. The Second EVS (the enumeration) is dynamic build in depending on a change of the first. It works very fine. My Problem is, when I first select an Item of the enumeration in the first EVS and then select an item of the second, there is no problem, but if I then manually enter a value in the inputfields of the EVS, it says, that the entered value is not in the enumeration. But thats wrong, because when I use the EVS, the value is in the enumeration. If I start the routine once again, it shows me the same error.. whats wrong?

If I enter the values from the beginning in the inputfields, it works!?!?!?!

Can I disable the enumerationcheck?

Thanks,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI I think you are giving text in place of key in the inputfield .Please be sure and moreover you have fliter option you can search the specific value.

With regards,

Tulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I explain more..

I have two EVS. The second depend on the first. In the first I select the company and in the second the department. If I select a value in the first EVS, the enumeration of the second is first cleared and then I fill with the depending values of the first. All is ok. In the second step I enter a company manually in the Inputfield which is bound to the EVS. I not use the EVS! The EVS from the department is not filled right, because the departments in the enumeration depends on the first company and not on the company I have entered.

If I entered also an department manually (at this time no server-event is fired), and fire a server-event, I become an error, because the department is not in the enumeration. It's right, because the enumeration is not cleared and there are all departments which depends on the first company.

I call the method to fill the enumeration in the wdDoModifyView, but Web DynPro does check the enumeration first I think. How can I solve this problem? Where can I fill the enumeration, so that it is right when Web DynPro check? Or can I disable this check?

Thanks,

Peter

@LN: I do the same, but I have a problem, if the user not use the first EVS and entered the value manually!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Instead of "value", type the "key" in you EVS.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add values to EVS only through enumeration.

This allows only selection behaviour (Just like DropDown).

You cannot add values to it by typing in InputFied which acts as EVS

Regards

LN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will not add the value to the enumeration. The value is in the enumeration, but the error says, that it is not when I work as discribe in main-post.

The InputField is my EVS!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I used followning code to bind data dynamically to second one, it's working fine.

IModifiableSimpleValueSet plantValues = null;

ISimpleTypeModifiable simple2 =wdThis.wdGetAPI().getContext().getModifiableTypeOf(<attributeName>);

plantValues =simple2.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

For example take these vales

plantValues.put("1000","1000");

plantValues.put("2000","2000");

plantValues.put("3000","3000");

plantValues.put("4000","4000");

This is accepting if we type in second EVS, mean values which are bound

Regards

LN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure value is exactly in same case as in enumeration.

Thanks & regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not any text. It is a number so that it can't be case-sensitiv.