Lina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

There are two ways to move organizational units:

1. Simplest way is to use drag and drop feature

2. You can unassign existing assignment using right click of mouse button (or check an option in the window). Again use right click of mouse and assign to unit to new position.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not need to change the assignment but only to change the location in the structure.

The problem with the drag and drop is that it's change the assignment which i do not want.

Regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

With right click of mouse button you can find options "Move up in the rank" and "Move down in the rank". This will not change the assignment. It will just change the location in the same structure.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

With "Move up in the rank" functionality i can only move up or down and this could take time to move it to a location that is not close. But i would like to move by several ranks up or down within one step.

Regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lina

If you select a group of nodes by holding the shift key at the same time, you can then use the 'Move up in rank' and 'Move down in rank' option.

This will move the group above or below.

You should then be able to move lots at a time and therefore the task should be quicker for you.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

I do not want to move a group of node, but only one node to another location.

Since the new location is not very close, the problem is that i need to click more than 50 times on 'Rank up' or 'rank down' .

Is there a way to do this avoiding to click 50 times.

Regards,

Lina

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible, they are sorted by ID.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. It might be a bit tricky, but if you go to transaction PP01, select org unit and stick the org unit number in, then highlight "Relationships" and press change.

There is a field called "Priority" at the bottom.

When you move up and down in rank it is this field that gets changed.

If you can put in a prioity higher than the place you want it to be in the org structure, it will move.

I would try this in a test system first to try and get a feel for it.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lina

What I mean by moving a group of nodes is that this will allow you to position the one you actually want moved a lot quicker.

It's a bit like strategically moving pieces of a puzzle until the actual piece you want is in the correct place.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

But what should i maintain in field 'Priority', a number?, and after entering a number what should i do? Could you please give more details.

Thanks,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I think you can use numbers or letters.

An org unit with an earlier rank will dislpay before a lower one.

For example, rank AA will be above BB. AB would be below AA and above BB and so on.

Try moving one in PPOMA_BBP and pressing the move up or down button, then check the data in PP01, you will see what sort of rank was put in.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can move Org.unit via Drag-n-Drop.