Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer Doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freinds,

i was trying to configure Maintenance optimizer as shown below

Transaction SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Advanced Configuration -> Basic Settings -> SAP Solution Manager System -> Change Management -> Set Up Maintenance Optimizer

1. I tried running the above step in client 000 with sap* user, was i right. or i had to do it in different client (plz advice)

2. which when you run this there are two things which get activated (1. activate BC set, 2, BC set activation log).

Only these two things are required to be activated for the complete configuration settings of Maintenance Optimizer.

What else has to be done apart from the above mentioned steps, if i am not aware of that, pls advize

Regards

Aayush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please start with the SPRO - IMG at the top, don´t pick just one entry in the middle.

SAP* is not a "real user" and shouldn´t be used to do things. If you follow the IMG step-by-step you will see, that you will need to do a client copy...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

1. So you mean to say that i have to create my own super user (with SAP_ALL) and with that i have to do the post configuration activities and i should never use sap* for any configuration activities ?

2. I have to create a seperate client (by client copy) for all other configurations like Maintenance Optimizer etc etc..

Kindly help me in resolving these doubts..

Regards

Aayush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. So you mean to say that i have to create my own super user (with SAP_ALL) and with that i have to do the post configuration activities and i should never use sap* for any configuration activities ?

yes - correct.SAP* is a hardcoded "something" and it is no real user.

> 2. I have to create a seperate client (by client copy) for all other configurations like Maintenance Optimizer etc etc..

yes - follow the IMG. Open it and follow it step-by-step.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for your wonderful help.....

I will follow your suggestions and try configuring the Sol Man, If at all i get stuck anywhere would ask for youe help.

Regards

Ayush

Answers (0)