Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing BAPI's using JAVA with out using webdynpro URGENT

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

What is the procedure for calling RFC/BAPI's using JAVA with out using the webdynpro. Please let me know what are the possibilities with step by step implementation.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

several possibilities:

- using protocol RFC: using rfc-library via JNI

- using protocol RFC: using Java Connector (JCo)

- using protocol HTTP: web service call - the function module needs to be modelled as web service

A step by step implementation is definitely beyond the scope of a forum. Please use the search capabilities in SDN.

Please note that according to the [rules of engagement |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement] words like urgent shall not be used in thread title.

Regards, Boris

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Boris Rubarth,

Thanks for the reply and your suggessions,

Can u please let me know , out of 3 procedures which is the best one. Which procedure is suitable on where?.

Regards

Vijay

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vijai,

HTTP

• does only work when the ABAP system has at least SAP_BASIS 6.20

• HTTP / web services do have overhead

JCo

• is always the easier choice the using RFC-library directly via JNI

• RFC has better performance than HTTP / XML

• RFC is SAP-specific

I would say: depends on whether you are familiar with the topics:

- familiar with ABAP web service wizard and java web services -> HTTP

- java expert -> JCo

Regards, Boris

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Boris Rubarth,

Thaks for relavant information.

I have kind of the requirement. The clinet is asking for connecting the SAP RFC using java application. The build Jar or .war or .Ear for which are going to develop should be compatible for running on any of the Applications server like they have Tom cat, weblogic, websphere server.

so the .jar for or .ear file which we are going to develop should be able to run accessing the RFC/ BAPIs from any of these servers other than SAP WAS that is what their target.

Please give me your suggestion, which is better approach. currently their SAP system is 4.6c . So presently it is not possible the webservice approach. But they have plans to go for upgrade to ECC6.0

In that case only JCO option is possible. If use this option . Is it possible to access application which is deployed irrespective of the WAS by doing the required configuration.

Basically i am aware of the ABAP webservice work bech steps and also the JAVA coding also.

Please suggest me what is the better way to achieve this.

Regards

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I have my doubts if this requirement can be fullfilled, but I am not a java expert. For that discussion I recommend to consult one of the java forums in SDN, e.g. [Java Programming|;.

Regards, Boris

Answers (0)