cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Allocation --Stocks should be Blocked for a particular Customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus !!

My client has asked for one requirement in which using Product Allocation --stocks should be Blocked for a particular Customer.

First using Product Allocation Process, they want to Allocate the Stock for their Top Customers ; say for top 10 customers. Once the Stock is allocated, they want to Block that stock for the respective customer, so that no one should be allowed to create Sales order for those much of Quantity of stock.

Now Problem is ..in Standard SAP , if you are using Product Allocation, you can allocate the stocks but you cannot block that stock.

Even we tried to MAP this requriment through CONSIGNMENT process so that after allocation we could move the stock from Unrestricted use to Special stock, but SAP is not supporting this process( not even through USER EXITS).

Can anyone help on this Unique Requirement ??

Points will be rewarded for Valuable answers.

Plz feel free for any Clarification.

Regards,

MAYANK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mayank

Two areas you need to look into, to achieve your requirement.

To allocate stock for top 10 customers, you differentiate the Delivery priority of top 10 customers with other customers. By differentiating the Delivery periority, if you run V_V2, there is a selection "Delivery Priority". Choose that field and execute.

So with this your first requirement of allocating stocks to top 10 customers will be fulfilled.

The second one is to block those customers. For this, go to OVZ9, select your Availability Check and Checking Rule combination and tick the box against "Include sales reqmts". By this selection, whenever you create sale order, stock will be allocated to those orders and cannot be diverted to other orders unless you change the confirmed quantity manually.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati,

Thanx for ur reply...

can you tell me in detail .. what are the settings/changes i need to make to run the process explained by you.(Related to Delivery Priority)

One thing i wanted to ask from you..can we MAP the requirement using Product Allocation.( Since Client first want to Allocate the Product to top customers,then block the stocks for those customers.)

Regards,

MAYANK

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mayank

In customer master sales area data under Shipping tab, you can see a field "Delivery Priority". As I already said, you define [01 for top 10 customers] and 02 for rest of the customers.

While running V_V2, you have the option to allocate the stock based on this delivery priority. First input 01 and execute so that the available stocks will be allocated to top 10 customers. Again run 02 so that the balance stocks will be allocated to other customers.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Try to slove ur requirement while posting the stocks in T code MB1C. Here u have to select special stock indicator as 'e'. In this way we can reserve the stock with respect to sales order only not with specific to customer.

Hope this may help u some extent.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Can you tell me the Movement Type through which we can Block the stock for Sales Order as well as for Customers.

Regards

MAYANK

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mayank

MB1A / 292W -- Reserving stock to customer

MB1C / 521E -- Reserving stock to sale order

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati,

I tried with MB1C and 521E for sales order ......still system is allowing other sales order Delivery...i mean it is not reserving the Stock for that particular sales Order .

Can you help me out on this ??? I have already tried different options still not Succeded.

Warm regards,

MAYANK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

I think you can restrict any customer for any product by maintaining thye material Exclusion list. As if you Maintain this list the product which are in this list for a particular material cant buy that product.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thanx for ur Reply..... but I think you have not understood the client's requirement. First they want to allocate the Material to Top Customer..to avoid any uncertainty or Sudden increase in demand of that Stock then after Allocation... that stock should be blocked for others..in other words... should be reserved for these top customers.

Purpose of using Material Listing/Exclusion is something different....in which you can not allocate any stock to customers ...only you can restrict/allow customer to order some products.

Regards,

MAYANK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mayank,

I could think of 2 options:

1) By using the consigment process, use doc type KB and item cat KBN. and in the doc type( prob create ur own by copying KB to ZKB) U can block the sales doc and allow/authorize only those premium customers to unblock & create rls orders. Also in KBN, use spl stock indicator 'W'.

Though, am not sure what you meant by not able to use the consignment process?

2) Else, enter(ur bzness) into a contract with the premium customers wherein again in the sales doc type, in the Contract tab-->U've check Partner Auth.: Value B might help you?

Rgds,

Raghu.