cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI Communication Doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If i'm developing a BAPI for any composite application which will communicate with .NET/Java application(JCo or .NET Connector) to pass data.Assume this scenario is working fine with fetching data for material 100-200 material.Now in a day i added 10,000 more material in my master.Now the performance may degrade and .net/Java application has to wait for the data to come into its environment and often it will get timeout.So how to deal with these kind of situations or What is the Error Handing Process in these types of scenario as my data is going to increase day by day.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i think u have more number of records inur R/3 System it works in R/3 but comng to EP Side there is an error like time out to fetch the data right .

So please restirct some 1000 records when first hit in ur r/3 system . then u can provide if user has searched the particular record then tht record only available or seriies of the records. otherwise there u will get an time out error usually .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

Thanks alot for ur reply..I understood ur context i,e you are saying to first get the first 1000 recs and then after checking whether the record is there in present 1000 recs,we will fetch remaining (n-1000) recs/1000 records per page..But if my requirement is to get the total of all sales in a given company then it won't work..i have to fetch all the records and get it sum at a one shot and then display on my portal.

pls help.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

im not saying u will get only 1000 Records initially .

im saying tht .

u can restirct the intial display no .of records in portal usually portal takes lot of time to fecth data from R/3 . so thats so first when customer hits on submit it will display 1000 records . but user wont see all the records right then u can provide one serch option to get all the records thru tht option okay so it will go to back end it will get all the records from backend .

similar problem we face in our project so we did the same at that time k .

try to resrtict no of records for initial to fecth data and to overcome timeout error .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

Thanks again for ur reply..Please understand my requirement.

In my portal,there is an link for showing the Company wise sales.

When i click that it goes to BAPI and BAPI gives me the sum of sales of company.But it takes lot of time while doing so because day by day sales is increasing and hence the database is increasing ans hence BAPI Time is increasing which often results in time out error.What should be the error handling process as general for these kind of situation,I'm not focusing on displaying certain list,reather focusing on sum and count which is done at one database hit by BAPI..

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i m sorry boss . actually i m from java background i dnt have idea abt abap . i understood ur issue in BAPI Error Handling proces i dnt have idea i m sorry . usually this type of error occurs previously so we did like tht restricted . okay .

Regards ,

venkat