cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP to SRM Functional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Am an abaper with one and half years of experience.

I have an opportunity to move into CRM/SD/SRM in my current organisation.

Can somebody tell me if i learn any of these functional areas and become a functional consultant,my 'no domain' experience will be hurdle while finding another/next job or during client interview.

In other words, please tell me if no domain knowledge will be always hurdle in my SAP-Functional carrier

or my future prospective client/employer will always ask me for domain experience

or only SAP-Implementation experience will be considered .

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in general interview related questions are not appreciated in SDN. However, having specific knowledge of certain SAP modules certainly is an asset. If you have the feeling to have less knowledge in other areas, you should try to get more experience there.

Regards,

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If its a new dimensional component like SRM / CRM, its always recommended to have technofunctional consultants on the project. Domain experiance does matter, but if you are good at both areas there is no such pre-requisite which can hold you back. I have seen few consultants who did not have functional experiance and gradually shifted from technical to fucntional and are recognised as technofunctional.

I will suggest not to miss any new opportunity.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Prashant.

Will you please tell me if their are enough projects in india on higher end modules like SRM/CRm as there is no point in going on bench after learning and shifting to other module.

Also please tell me if ABAP is utilised in thse higher end module.

Thanks.

Edited by: sandeep pande on Jun 23, 2008 2:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABAP is only used as the programming language in SRM also.However as a SRM technical developer,you need to be confortable working with certain tools like Workflows, Enhancments in particular.Also as SRM is a web based tool ,additional knowledge of web based technologies like ITS,HTML,BSP's ,Enterprise portal is plus.

Also Middleware is an integral part of SRM as it is used for replication of master data from R/3 backend system to SRM systems.SRM uses the same middleware component as CRM.So if you have worked on CRM middleware,its the same in SRM.

With SRM,vendors can also participate in the procurement process using Supplier collaboration . For intefacing with Vendor systems,XI is used.There is SUS component of SRM which is also used for the same purpose.

But again as Prashant said,knowledge of both functional(Business process,system config,product info) as well as technical(coding,debugging etc) areas would be the ideal profile for an SRM consultant on any type of SRM project.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.