cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in ID while selecting Adapters for CommChannel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here am getting an error in ID when i am trying to select for the Adapters under communication channel...

And also i checked in RWB for AdapterEngine there am getting a status 503 "Service Unavailable" and HTTP Request failed.

Error in RWB when i select Adapter Engine.

Message: HTTP request failed. Error code: "503". Error message: "Service Unavailable [http://ciCBP:50100/AdapterFramework/rtc]"

Stacktrace:

com.sap.aii.rwb.exceptions.RequestFailedException: HTTP request failed. Error code: "503". Error message: "Service Unavailable [http://ciCBP:50100/AdapterFramework/rtc]"

at com.sap.aii.rwb.exceptions.RequestFailedException.forHttpErrorCode(RequestFailedException.java:79)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.rtcheck.rtcclient.GrmgConnector.request(GrmgConnector.java:238)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.rtcheck.rtcclient.GrmgConnector.ping(GrmgConnector.java:69)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.core.XIRTCComponent.ping(XIRTCComponent.java:206)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.web.componentmonitoring.model.CompTestModel.doPing(CompTestModel.java:583)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.web.componentmonitoring.viewcontroller.CmDynPage.doPing(CmDynPage.java:298)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.web.componentmonitoring.viewcontroller.CmDynPage.updateTests(CmDynPage.java:372)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.web.componentmonitoring.viewcontroller.CmDynPage.selectNode(CmDynPage.java:388)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.web.componentmonitoring.viewcontroller.CmDynPage.process_treeClick(CmDynPage.java:339)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sapportals.htmlb.page.DynPage.doProcessCurrentEvent(DynPage.java:172)

at com.sapportals.htmlb.page.PageProcessor.handleRequest(PageProcessor.java:115)

at com.sapportals.htmlb.page.PageProcessorServlet.handleRequest(PageProcessorServlet.java:62)

at com.sapportals.htmlb.page.PageProcessorServlet.doPost(PageProcessorServlet.java:22)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.web.componentmonitoring.viewcontroller.CmPageProcessor.doPost(CmPageProcessor.java:35)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.RequestDispatcherImpl.doWork(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:321)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:377)

at jsp_FC_Secure1212725588359._jspService(jsp_FC_Secure1212725588359.java:24)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:544)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:186)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:387)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:365)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:944)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:160)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Any suggetsions,

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be this s a problem with the J2EE server..

Basis work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Soumya,

U r right?This is surely a problem in J2ee server.

lets see where the error occurs..

Thanks,

Kalyan.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Check whether the Server is UP or not.. i.e java stack which is present in the Server. and if it is OK then go to the Visual Admin check whether services which required to enable the adapaters with respect to the SAP engine are OK ...

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello...

The error means that server is unable to find the service on defined client!!,,, since you have checked services are running on visual admin,,,, please check the system no. and client mentioned in exchange profile and visual admin against adapter framework and rwb related nodes/services... its often the instance that the actual client is other than '000' or system no is other than '00' while in exchange profile by default these values are placed,,, so do check these...

do let us know of any further happenings

good luck

regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks 4 ur reply...

Here is the error am getting in ID whilesearching for adapters.

Connection to system REPOSITORY using application REPOSITORY lost. Detailed information: Error accessing "http://<Host>:<port>/rep/query/int?container=any" with user "PIDIRUSER". Response code is 503, response message is "Service Unavailable"

I checked in ExchangeProfile also the client and system numbers are correctly assigned.

Any suggetsions.

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

please check if "PIDIRUSER" is locked !

regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

also post this address on your browser,,

http://<Host>:<port>/rep/query/int?container=any

login using the user "PIDIRUSER"

and check what error it is giving there...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

I checked the URL also..with the user PIDIRUSER.

and also I check this user when i am login from IR its working...

but still the Same error in ID am getting wen i try 4 adapters..

Its giving the statement like this..

Worker "internal client" of servlet "com.sap.aii.ib.web.hmi.HmiServlet #1" is reachable!

Any suggetsions..??

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm... lets see...

lets check few more things...

login to your PI system using sap gui...

goto tcode sm59

there should be a connection of type "H" namely "INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI"

check if this connection is working fine,,,

more over the service no defined there should be the same as your port u use to login to your pi system from browser..in logon and security tab.. the client should be same as that of your intergration system,

this service is used for accessing cache...

second thing you should do is clear ID, IR cache ... gto http://host:port/rep --> administration in all tabs

for ID, IR and RT,,, clear all types of caches..

do let me know of any further happenings..

Regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Zahid,

I checked the conncetion Integration_directory_hmi...

its giving an internal server error with status 500.

but am having the different XI server ..we too checked the same connection there also its showing same but in that there was no error found while getting Adapters...I don't know y its giving in this server...I already refreshed the caches also...

even though am getting the same...

Thanks,

Kalyan..

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the user name defined for connection "Integration_directory_hmi"

I think it should be PIISUSER ,, check if this user is not locked in your required client...

regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Zahid,

I checked the PIISUSER its unlocked ....and also defined in the connection called

Integration_directory_hmi

Any suggestons??

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm... strange!!

can u get access to J2ee error log and paste it here.. may be that can help resolve the issue,, coz to my knowledge the above mentioned procedures should have cleared things out... any ways... please post the complete J2EE error log related to this error.. and once again check if all steps discussed in earlier messages are carefully followed...

More over prepare the write up for an OSS as well,, if things dont get straight

regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you plz tell me the path where can i get j2ee log file...

As we are using UNIX OS here

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

before checking log,, raise error once,, i.e. follow the steps which are resulting in error,, than,,.,,

on ur unix machine follow the path:

usr/sap/<pi instance name>(like PID etc.)/dvebmg<server no>/j2ee/cluster/server<no.>/log

sort enteries by date time.... and check the latest default Trace<no.>.trc and applications<no.>.log files...

your error should be at the end of the file,,, find it and please paste it hear so we might be able to sort things out....

good luck

regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

Here are the log and trc files.

*************************Application log**************************************

<!FILESET[4, 5, 10485760]/>

<!PREVIOUSFILE[applications.3.log]/>

<!NEXTFILE[applications.0.log]/>

<!LOGHEADER[END]/>

#1.5#00156004F2680083000000020000210900044F4CD57699DE#1213091324270#/Application

s/WebApplications#sap.com/vc_client#com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.

runtime.context.ServletContextImpl#J2EE_GUEST#0####6a2318e036d211dda93e00156004f

268#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_27##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.services.

servlets_jsp.server.runtime.context.ServletContextImpl#Plain###ChangePasswordFor

m: destroy#

#1.5#00156004F2680083000000030000210900044F4CD5772EFD#1213091324308#/Application

s/WebApplications#sap.com/vc_client#com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.

runtime.context.ServletContextImpl#J2EE_GUEST#0####6a2318e036d211dda93e00156004f

268#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_27##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.services.

servlets_jsp.server.runtime.context.ServletContextImpl#Plain###default: destroy#

#1.5#00156004F2680083000000040000210900044F4CD5772F96#1213091324308#/Application

applications.4.log (0%)

*******************************Trace file**************************************

more defaultTrace.2.trc

!LOGHEADER[START]/>

!HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/>

!LOGGINGVERSION[1.5.3.7185 - 630]/>

!NAME[./log/defaultTrace.trc]/>

!PATTERN[defaultTrace.trc]/>

!FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.ListFormatter]/>

!ENCODING[ISO8859_1]/>

!FILESET[2, 20, 10485760]/>

!PREVIOUSFILE[defaultTrace.1.trc]/>

!NEXTFILE[defaultTrace.3.trc]/>

!LOGHEADER[END]/>

1.5#00156004F2680077000026CB000031CE00044F6089F3BCEF#1213175956745#com.sap.secu

ity.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase#sap.com/irj#com.sap.secur

ty.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.populatePrincipalDatabag(A

tributeList)#J2EE_GUEST#0##ciCBP_CBP_11505750#Guest#4f3bc750379711ddc80a0015600

f268#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_39##0#0#Error#1#/System/Security/User

anagement#Java#An exception was thrown in the UME/ABAP user management connecto

. Message: .##An exception was thrown in the UME/ABAP user management connec or. Message: .

EXCEPTION]

#2#Connect to SAP gateway failed

onnect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=localhost SYSNR=01 GWHOST=localhost GWSERV=sapgw01 PCS

OCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

RROR partner 'localhost:sapgw01' not reached

IME Wed Jun 11 14:49:16 2008

ELEASE 700

OMPONENT NI (network interface)

ERSION 38

C -10

ODULE nixxi.cpp

INE 2768

ETAIL NiPConnect2

Any suggestions...

Thanks,

kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm...

this error arises only in case of XI system not able to connect to backend r/3 system OR unable to establish connection with abap stack of server!!.....(i.e. as far as I know!!.. afcourse I have limited knowledge)

any ways.. check in the services file if, sapgw01 is assigned desired port entry for tcp/ip,,, you will require your basis guy to look at it and moreover check if port, designated to sapgw01, is in listening mode...

... and I would again suggest to verify if system no. 00 is being maintained instead of 01 in your exchange profile or in visual admin ,, becaus system no. 00 is default value and is often left unattended/unchanged while actual sys no. for you is 01.... have your tried restarting your J2ee server??

do post back with your experience..

regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Zahid,

Can u tell me what r the minimum things i need to check in the visual administrator.

Am a developer and having little awareness regarding Visual Administrator..

Cud u please tell me what shud i check in visual administartor...

I can see my adapters in visual.Do i need to change any parameters in visual Admin??

Any suggetsions...

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok...

in visual admin,, under server node,, open node "Services"

now there are few services which you'll need to check

firs goto

JCo RFC Provider service

on right side select AI_Directory_<XI Instance name>

in details on right side,, check what is the gateway service and sysno. defined there,, and is the client mentioned there same as the one you are working on for XI scenario configuration (ID IR)..

than,,

is the service ..SAP XI AF Messaging and SAP XI AF Core running...

also do confirm that port related info from your basis team... and do post the feed back

regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest me regarding this as i checked in VisualAdmin at JCO RFC Provider service

4 connections for TCP/IP are configured properly....and also SAP XI AF Messaging and SAP XI AF Core running...properly.

but still am unable to get the Adapterslist in ID..

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error log aside.... when in communication channel creation , u click input help for adapters,, the resultant window is coming empty OR it displays the list but does'nt proceeds ahead ??

because these are two different situations..

do post back!

regards

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Zahid,

H u doing?

Here am getting Empty screen and then a pop window saying that Error in searching Adapter Metadata and with the description as

Connection to system REPOSITORY using application REPOSITORY lost. Detailed information: Error accessing "http://ciCBP:50100/rep/query/int?container=any" with user "PIDIRUSER". Response code is 503, response message is "Service Unavailable"

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.. doing fine

this seems to be problem with J2EE Engine... either wrong connection parameters in Exchange Profile or some required services/applications are not running ...

try this... goto visual admin>select server>services-->deploy (on left side)

on right side now.. select run time... and below.. select the radio button "Application"

there you would see many with red cross and blue ticks....

check if applications :

please correct the service name to be

--com.sap aii.af.app

--com.sap.aii.af.cpa.app

is running (blue tick)

a muuuuuch better approach would be to restart the j2ee engine....

ask your basis guy to do soo..because checking each individual application may not be possible

... more over where u ever before able to create scenarion on this server ??

do post back with further happenings after following these steps.. (restart J2ee Engine)

regards

Zahid

Edited by: Zahid Murtaza on Jun 25, 2008 9:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

We checked the Services under Deploy in Visual Admin.

Everything was in healthy state....

And moreover this is the server newly installed and no scenarios is been done in this server.

Any suggestions..

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

The server might not able to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. If known, the length of the delay may be indicated in a Retry-After header. If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle the response as it would for a 500 response.

Note: The existence of the 503 status code does not imply that a server must use it when becoming overloaded. Some servers may wish to simply refuse the connection.

Try this to resolve

1) Because of J2EE application com.sap.aii.af.ms.app not active

2)Try to (re)start the application using the Visual Administrator Choose Server --> Services --> Deploy --> View on Application or restart the J2EE engine

3) The problem is that not all J2EE services can be started by the J2EE. i.e Start the Visual Administrator and select Server->Services->Deploy in the tree on the left. On the right-hand side, choose the Runtime tab page. You see a tree in the right window with all applications if you select the APPLICATION radio button. Check if they are running, otherwise choose Start. Usually the J2EE engine starts all services automatically.

Thanx

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Sampath,

Thanks for ur reply

Here i checked the Adapter services in Visual Adminstrator also all adapters are there but in the RWB when i say Adapter monitoring i was unable to see the adapters...and coming to the server we restarted twice ....and also i increased the poll attempts to 100 in visual admin.

Thanks,

Kalyan.