SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL assignment for Cash Desk and House Banks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new to FICA.

Can any one help me the following questions.

1. In FICA amount will get posting Cash Desk Clearing Account.

My client is asking this amount should post in main cash journal which we are following in FICO. Since he is trying to monitor the same in one place.

Will it possible, If so, can any one give the solution?

2. My client is having two House bank and customer remits the amount through Cheque only. There is no payment cards, Direct depit.

In this cash i need calrification about the GL account assignment in FICA part. Like clearing account, etc..Since i am not clear about this area. Can any one give the full details with IMG structure.

Please treat this as an urgent. If i am getting anything on this it would be very greatful for me...

Thanks

Sriram.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Question Number One:

We are posting incoming cash amount in FPCJ. If you are giving the main cash account also it will post GL account level only.

Our requirement is it has to Reflect in FICO cash journal which we are using through FBCJ. I know, we have to withdraw cash desk (FICA amount) through FPCJ and we have to depostit in the FICO main journal. then only cash desk will get zero. and the total cash balance can see in the FICO journal.

Please if i am wrong correct me.

Question Number two:

We are giving so many GL accounts for bank accounts in fica. I would like to know the flow which we are using in FICA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. In FICA amount will get posting Cash Desk Clearing Account.

My client is asking this amount should post in main cash journal which we are following in FICO. Since he is trying to monitor the same in one place.

Yes. What all you need to do is assign main bank account instaed of Bank clearing account

Path: IMG\FICA\Business Transactions\Payments\Cash desk cash journal\Define Cash Desk Clearing Accounts

2. My client is having two House bank and customer remits the amount through Cheque only. There is no payment cards, Direct depit.

In this cash i need calrification about the GL account assignment in FICA part. Like clearing account, etc..Since i am not clear about this area. Can any one give the full details with IMG structure.

Can you pls be more clear in what info you are looking at?

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Question Number One:

We are posting incoming cash amount in FPCJ. If you are giving the main cash account also it will post GL account level only.

Our requirement is it has to Reflect in FICO cash journal which we are using through FBCJ. I know, we have to withdraw cash desk (FICA amount) through FPCJ and we have to depostit in the FICO main journal. then only cash desk will get zero. and the total cash balance can see in the FICO journal.

Please if i am wrong correct me.

Question Number two:

We are giving so many GL accounts for bank accounts in fica. I would like to know the flow which we are using in FICA

0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you looking for same balances in FPCJ & FBCJ?

If so pls refer to below post<for Q1>

Question Number two:

The GL Accounts for bank accounts in FICA are mentioned in IMG\FICA\Business Transactions\Payments\Processing of Incoming and Outgoing payments\Define Bank clearing Accounts for Payment lots.

When you are assigning a bank clearing account, it means that Bank clearing account wud be debited during receipts and credited <Returns config is needed> during Returns.

Hope this is useful. If not let me know.

Rgds

Rajendra

Edited by: rajendra mukhyaprana on Jun 23, 2008 6:58 AM