cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter messages in XI (IE) using Payload value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI/PI experts,

I just would like to ask if there is a way in filtering messages using only a value in the payload?

In SAP R/3 system, we can use we09 for searching. In XI, do we have any transaction that can substitute the transaction we09?

This is because, when a message is coming from JMS or File adapter, there is no means of filtering it via IDoc number. We can only filter it using sxi_monitor (via Interface/Receiver/Sender). However, if I am looking for a particular Order/delivery, it is hard to find this because I have to open one by one the messages and then look into the payload.

I hope there is an easier way to filter messages per field value.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer given by Wilson answers my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh,

I tried doing so, however, I was asked to register in OSS to get an access key.

Do you have the link for this?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not have developer access. Get in touch with your BASIS team for getting the developer access.

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

please check the same with basis team regarding this, i mean for access key.

in the program you will find syntaical error

at line with unknown <B, i.e

DATA: g_message TYPE REF TO <b-style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">if_xms_message</b>,

replace above line with simple statement,

i.e DATA: g_message TYPE REF TO if_xms_message,

still you are facing any issue, get in touch with us.

warm regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

I think what you gave is very helpful. We have TREX however it is inactive. So what I am actually looking for is what you exactly suggested. However, I am not familiar with SAP ABAP and how to implement codes. Do you have the steps as to how will I implement this?

Thanks for your help.

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please copy that program in to T.code SE38.

i mean, enter t.code se38, where you can find an option to create program.

give program type as executable and package as&tmp(temporory)

and save check and activate it.

warm regards

mahesh.

wilsonrsantos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hy Mary !

One solution is using TRex to index the XML messages processed by XI, like mentioned in the above messages, and another way is to write a ABAP program to make this work.

You can find a sample ABAP code to do this at this link:

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cache:JOwoNxe-F-0J:searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid21_gci127...

It´s very useful. I did take this sample and did make some adjustements(add more filtering parameters, etc) and created another program, that will be used in the customer where I´m working now. I think that this solution is not so fast than using the indexes of TRex but, it works well, and doesn´t require license nor server/infrastructure to install a TRex. Maybe you have to consider TRex, if the message processing volume at your site is very big, something like more than 50.000 messages/hour.

I hope that this link helps you !

Best regards,

Wilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

I was trying to refer to your link,

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cache:JOwoNxe-F-0J:searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid21_gci127...

but it is not working.

Can u please check.

My requirement is to read IDOC data present in XML format at receiver side in ABAP.

I think your link might help me.

Thanks.

Edited by: Nikita Chitre on Jun 21, 2011 9:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

If you want a standard SAP solution, you need to install TREX search engine in XI for searching the messages based on payload values. There is a blog in SDN by Sravya in which she has developed a report program to do the same task. I am not much of an ABAPer, but the blog whould give you some idea. Also, there are articles in SDN explaining TREX usage in XI environment.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this Guide for message selection filter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/17/f19f3f12e1eb0ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Boopathi