cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE 5.2: Reminder message character limit error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to add some additional information into reminder email messages and when saving the changes I receive the message:

"You can not enter more than 800 characters"

My changes were not saved. The total text I had in the message (excluding subject) was only about 600 characters. How can I get around this apparently arbitrary character limit? What controls this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone else use the UserID and/or UserName arguments in their closure email? I have had a problem with multiuser requests where a large number of users result in the request getting stuck because the email cannot be created, due to the character limit.

Is this fixed in SP9?

Thank you.

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

That 600 characters count included spaces, and there would be about 8 line break characters on top of that - still well within 800 characters, I thought. Is it possible that the 800 character limit is a limit for the sum of all 3 reminder messages (Reminder, submission and Closing)? That might explain my problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

behind the visible, SAP saves a lot of HTML Code for paragraphs, font style and sizing. The limitation of the database field will be 800 characters, including all the HTML tags you don't see.

If you look into the database table VIRSA_AE_WF_RQNTFC field NOTIFICATIONCONTNT you will see the "invisible" can be quite a lot!

Regards

Daniela

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian-

It counts the empty spaces within your message as characters too. So try to use less spaces and line breaks as possible. I just tested it out...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try giving 50-100 chars!

Regards,

Faisal