SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightly batch in Utilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys, just trying to make a decision about the nightly batch here. Trying to find out if a manual batch would be a better option or an automated one. Looks like due to mass activities in FICA, there are only a few options available to utilities customer. To give you an idea of the size of our shop, we generate about 3000 bills every night.

Do you guys do it manually or use job containers or a thkird party tool like CPS, control m etc ? IF so, what tool ?

Please continue to answer if this question gets answered by somebody already. More info i have, more easier it would be for me to make a decision.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not an expert in Batch jobs. But what I can share is that in our earlier project we have used a third party called 'TIVOLI' to run bathces in whole ISU including FICA.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Better option would be to go for nightly batch to generate all the bills.

One can schedule the billing engine to run and generate the bills.

As Rajendra told.. you can use the SAP billing engine or any 3rd party vendor s/w for that.

Regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos

we are already using the sap billing engine. But we are running these jobs manually. Trying to find out if thats how mostly people do or use 3rd party tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We run two batch job every night that work off the schedule tables (TE417, TE418). These batch jobs will create meter reading documents, up load meter readings, perform billing, perform invoicing, print invoices, close recon keys and transfer recon keys to G/L. These batch jobs havenu2019t been updated to use parallel processing.

Regards