Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table and fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some questions

1)In case of table creation I can see some fields.Out of these field I am not getting the functionalities of following two fields

a) Key Mapping

b) Hide table

2) In case of field creation also some fields are there

What are the functionalities of these following fields?

Required

Writable

Matrix

Keyword

Short Index

Calculated

Short type

If we choose normal or other options what will be the result

3)Under qualified look up I can see

Search Tab

and Multivalued What is this fields?

Please response as I am unable to know the functionality

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shalini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

1)In case of table creation I can see some fields.Out of these field I am not getting the functionalities of following two fields

a) Key Mapping

b) Hide table

Key Mapping: This property of table enables Key Mapping on it. Key Mapping is useful when data comes into MDM from multiple source systems and when data is to be transmitted to multiple output systems. With the help of Key Mapping one can distinguish the record coming from different systems. In the Data manager right click on the record and select Edit Key Mapping but it will be avaialable only if Key mapping property is set to true.

Hide Table: If this property is selected then that table will not be visible for searching i.e. in the list available on the left hand side of the Data manager screen. But you can make it visible by selecting View -> Search tabs ->

2) In case of field creation also some fields are there

What are the functionalities of these following fields?

Required

Writable

Matrix

Keyword

Short Index

Calculated

Short type

If we choose normal or other options what will be the result

Required: If any field is mark as required and one validation is written with the expression as REQUIRED_FIELDS then that field becomes mandatory and cannot contain null value.

Writable Once: If this property is set then once the value written in the field marked as writable once and saved then it wont allow you to change the value of that field again.

Matrix: This property is used in Article for retail and not used in the plain operations. To enable this right click on the repository select properties and set the property Enable Matrix Support to yes.

Keyword: If keyword is set to Normal then you will get the field Keyword in the free form search and you can enter the value to be searched for the field on which it is set to normal.

Sort Index: Field for which this property is set to Normal can be sorted in the Data manager. Sorting indicator will be available over the field in the records Pane on which it is enabled.

Calculated: If the value of one field depends on another then set the field as calculated and write the expression in the calculation expression. This field will be read only and only get its value from the expression.

Sort Type: Sorts the values present in the field. Mainly used in the look up tables so that we can get the sorted list when we want to select any value from the lookup table field.

3)Under qualified look up I can see

Search Tab

and Multivalued What is this fields?

Search tab: Please refer the above explanation

Multivalued: If set to yes then it allows to select multiple values in the field which is looked up to different table.

Hope it helps

Reward if Useful

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

If your query is solved please mark the thread as Answered.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Sorry I don't know the reason. Today I am unable to mark this question as answered.

I am trying to find the reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again. Every time I got best reply from your end. Great!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

Thank you very much